Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Reupholstering

Old 03-05-2006, 05:41 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough
Default Reupholstering

Where would I be able to get a set of racing seats reupholstered at? Anyone have a clue on how much this kinda of stuff costs?
Old 03-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Grease Monkey
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey
Default Re: Reupholstering

A lot of seat companies sell replacement covers, I guess it would depend on the seat though. I have had a lot of work done by Howells Upholstery on Aberdeen Rd. in Hampton and they always did a great job.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:54 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Did they do good work? I met a guy last week who was talking about selling his Corbeaus for very cheap, but they are blue, and slightly faded. I'm not sticking blue seats in my orange car, so I was thinking about checking prices on having them reupholstered in black, and possibly a different material, like what USDM ITR seats are done in.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Grease Monkey
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

They did excellent work. They redid the seats in my 63" Fairlane and they were amazing. They have do lots of other work for me and we use them at work to do shop vehicles and used cars and have never been disappointed.

But you might want to look into replacement covers from Corbeau they may be cheaper.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:00 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

I have no clue where I'd look for those, haha. In fact, I didn't even know they were made. Any chance you'd know where to look for more info? Obviously, besides the Corbeau website.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Grease Monkey
Registered member

No idea at all. I know the Sparco seats I used to have you could get replacement covers for. It may not be the same for Corbeau however.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Nev
He is I and I is him

Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev

Howell's did the interior for a VW my dad had. Good stuff.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:39 AM
J-DIRTY30
Ghetty Green

J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30 J-DIRTY30

You could go to young upholstery on little creek road a little past Mil. HWY. He'll charge about 400.00 for both seats. Great group of guys and I haven't had any problems with them. And yes they do great work. oh yeah and mine are leather so yours maybe a little cheaper.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:37 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

Originally Posted by J-DIRTY30
You could go to young upholstery on little creek road a little past Mil. HWY. He'll charge about 400.00 for both seats. Great group of guys and I haven't had any problems with them. And yes they do great work. oh yeah and mine are leather so yours maybe a little cheaper.
Really not trying to spend that much, haha. I'll check into it though.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:16 PM
hbracer93
I'm a 564 veteran

hbracer93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by J-DIRTY30
if you could post a pic i would like to see