Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I need SR help

Old 03-05-2006 | 09:37 AM
SLOW S14
Luis

SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14
Default Re: I need SR help

Originally Posted by LOCO
but neither of those parts have to really do with the problem at hand.
car runs fine for a few min. acts up, but the big key here is that if you cut the car off and start it right back up it works fine, meaning its nothing that has to do with "warming up" or anything like that.
The comp. is getting a bad reading from something and putting the car in limp mode.
is the car maybe getting too much boost??

like I said, an electrical problem is hard to check over the comp. lol
well incorrect wiring could lead to one of the components to heat up and then fail.... too much boost? dude you can only get so much boost a 2,000rpm lol...where the fuck is kota??
Old 03-05-2006 | 03:34 PM
LOCO
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NTSO EZZ
well incorrect wiring could lead to one of the components to heat up and then fail.... too much boost? dude you can only get so much boost a 2,000rpm lol...where the fuck is kota??
again it cannot be caused by something "heating up" when if u cut the car off and cut it right back on its fine.

too much boost and the car will cut itself back, it was just a thought
Old 03-05-2006 | 06:04 PM
Brian T
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Originally Posted by Chris4130
That's not entirely true, mafs do weird stuff when they start to go bad. It could also be that there is a bad solder connection where i extened the maf wiring. It's very hard to troubleshoot a car w/o out being there in person

I'm also considering the O2 sensor right now too, since it comes on after the engine reaches a certian temp, but, i've never experienced a bad O2 sensor put a car in safe mode.
MAF is only used for cold starts. If the o2 was causing it to go to limp mode, which I don't think happens anyways, cutting it off and on while the engine is still warm wouldn't cause it to use the MAF and rev freely again.
Old 03-06-2006 | 06:46 PM
LOCO
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah I dont think its the maf. and its not the 02, it wouldnt cause that.

terry would you like me to look at it one day?

its not hitting a fuel cut is it?