Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

ran the 06 gsxr600 last night..

Old 05-02-2006, 12:51 PM
onepointone
ASE Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of
Default Re: ran the 06 gsxr600 last night..

Originally Posted by slowr6
I'm thinking around 7ish, im not exactly sure. It has like 3700 miles on it.
3700 babied miles at that.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:09 PM
slowr6
apex-digital.net

slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6 slowr6

Originally Posted by onepointone
3700 babied miles at that.

You damn right babied
Old 05-03-2006, 09:23 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by onepointone
i dont disagree with you, but i think if they were going to make a bike bigger than a 600, why not go after suzuki's 750? instead they made a 'track' zx6rr so that you could technically run in 600cc classes, then a 636 for the streets. im in no way saying i dont like kawi, infact, if i didnt hate the why the front fairing feels/looks when sitting on the bike, id probably be on a 06 black 636. i just dont see why they didnt go bigger than 636cc's.

the zx6rr seems decent, but its more expensive, all the mag. articles say they dont compare to the other bikes unless you mod it. i hear the rear shock/spring is setup incredibly stiff, the wind screen cuts off your view of the gauges while not tucked behind it... it feels physically bigger when you sit on it. and the 636 has ~36cc's more than the competition, and its not that much faster, if faster at all.. thats my argument. but.. all this goes with me never had ridden one, im not afraid to admit that..

Probably partially because of insurance.. anything over 650cc's and your insurance price rises to the next "level".. All of the magazine tests on the rr seem to say that its an amazing bike, but more for the track, obviously. I was in the local dealership one day and sat on all of the major 600cc bikes.. I'm not partial to any of them, but honestly I loved the way the rr and the 636 felt from that day on.. I don't know what it was, the bike "felt" lighter even just sitting on it, it was more comfortable to me.. etc. etc., but that probably varies person to person..

They made the 636 for 600cc buyers, with the purpose of making it a better street bike. More torque sooner, and throughout the power range, probably a bigger difference than you think.. torque makes riding on the street sooo much more fun. It really has nothing to do with making it "faster", for one 600cc to outrun another, you are gonna have to be over 100 mph for an advantage to even BEGIN to arise with one bike compared to another.. 95% of super sport bike riders don't even take their bikes to the track.

As for me, I'll take a Daytona 675
Old 05-03-2006, 09:38 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by GaRn
Probably partially because of insurance.. anything over 650cc's and your insurance price rises to the next "level".. All of the magazine tests on the rr seem to say that its an amazing bike, but more for the track, obviously. I was in the local dealership one day and sat on all of the major 600cc bikes.. I'm not partial to any of them, but honestly I loved the way the rr and the 636 felt from that day on.. I don't know what it was, the bike "felt" lighter even just sitting on it, it was more comfortable to me.. etc. etc., but that probably varies person to person..

They made the 636 for 600cc buyers, with the purpose of making it a better street bike. More torque sooner, and throughout the power range, probably a bigger difference than you think.. torque makes riding on the street sooo much more fun. It really has nothing to do with making it "faster", for one 600cc to outrun another, you are gonna have to be over 100 mph for an advantage to even BEGIN to arise with one bike compared to another.. 95% of super sport bike riders don't even take their bikes to the track.

As for me, I'll take a Daytona 675
I'm going to be participating in at least two VIR track days this summer if you're interested in going.. Trying to find a few more people to go

Be riding with Jacob with the orange RC51. He tracks all the time.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:41 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Maybe, sounds fun, have to see if I can round up the money AND time hehe..

I have fit into that 95% classification so far(even though my bike is no SS).. I narrowed it down to SS riders b/c if it were motorcyclists in general then it would be about 99.9% probably ha..
Old 05-03-2006, 09:48 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by GaRn
Maybe, sounds fun, have to see if I can round up the money AND time hehe..

I have fit into that 95% classification so far(even though my bike is no SS).. I narrowed it down to SS riders b/c if it were motorcyclists in general then it would be about 99.9% probably ha..
I know, I know, and I agree with you.. 95% or more don't ever run on the track, and probably 90% of that 95% don't even ride twisty roads and just bought the motorcycle for the image and like to 'cruise.' I prefer really riding, and I'm really excited to finally be doing some track days in the near future.

It's expensive, but it will most definitely be worth it!!!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:55 AM
GaRn
Registered member

I hear ya, maybe I will be able to go! I'm gonna need some new tires pretty soon for sure though..