Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

VAFC and SAFC

Old 05-27-2006, 10:04 PM
zimzorga
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zimzorga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VAFC and SAFC

i have almost completed my turbo setup and now need my A/F hacking system. i dont have vtech, and was wondering if i could use the vafc just to control my fuel. it seems that the safc's are becoming harder and harder to find, and i have acces to a vafc for cheaper then a safc. basically just wondering if the vafc will go crazy without seeing vtech kick in.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:20 PM
sohc_mshue
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue
Default Re: VAFC and SAFC

afc's dont work well on boosted hondas. Chip your ecu.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:40 AM
EH3_SOHC
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

my boy has one (vafc) on his turbo gsr and im sure he would disagree but i was wondering the same exact thing tho...more feedback?
Old 05-28-2006, 05:48 AM
_crs
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by zimzorga
i have almost completed my turbo setup and now need my A/F hacking system. i dont have vtech, and was wondering if i could use the vafc just to control my fuel. it seems that the safc's are becoming harder and harder to find, and i have acces to a vafc for cheaper then a safc. basically just wondering if the vafc will go crazy without seeing vtech kick in.
You need this VTECH controller

Just kidding Im just giving you a hard time please don't take it seriously. If you want to go the inexpensive route try a tuning program called CHROME it is a good tuning tool if you use it correctly. Best bet is HONDATA for your tuning needs. Give me a call at the shop and we can talk tuning, vtec, and boost options all day long.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:52 AM
2ltrgsr
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

its crome by the way, i thought it was chrome, but could never find info until i figured out i spelled it wrong.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:46 AM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

You can't do much tuning with the AFC. Do it the right way, get Hondata, Neptune, or Uberdata. That way your car will last longer. E-Manage Ultimate is not that bad I hear.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Ross
Registered Member

Ross is an unknown quantity at this point

the e-manage ultimate has some issues with the ignition side. I have seen some work great and others not work worth a shit. I would recomend putting in a chipped ecu and tuning it with Crome. If you are interested in spending some cash on it, then I would sugest Neptune or the Hondata S300. If you have any questions please feel free to get intouch with me.