Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

k20 or h22

Old 10-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Enigma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma
Default Re: k20 or h22

Originally Posted by Insperation
Have you ever heard of Kpro??? That has been out for like 3 years now & if your refering to the 2005/06, ya Hondata gots Kpro for that too.

http://www.hondata.com/kpro.html

K-Series > D,B,F,H-Series
Last I read on K20A.org, Hondata had a seminar in California about the K-Series with information that they are still working with the ECU.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:30 AM
redlineludesi
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
redlineludesi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: k20 or h22

Originally Posted by boots
k series all the way, plus with the less weight of the k series your car would be able to handle again and not juts go in a straight line lol
an H22 hatch can still handle. Just gotta get a beefier suspension that's all. But I will admit the frikkin K's are disgustingly disgusting.

both great motors, I have an HF CRX fully stripped down and havent decided which one I am going to go with yet...K20A or H22A.

The gearing here would be sick in a hatch or CRX.
6-spd LSD in a 1800lb car on the K
5-spf w/aftermrkt LSD on a CB7 F22 Accord trans with the H22

both would be AWESOME. The H2B conversion wouldn't be great for a car that light at all. Longer gears would be good to have because the torque:weight ratio would be substantial enough to handle them. I had a BB2 Lude just like "jdmlude" I had the F22 trans on it with boltons and some Azenis. It was great I loved it better that the stock H22 trans. I only dropped about 700rpm below 5K VTEC going into second gear, (shifted at 80mph into third) every gear after 2nd i would shift and be right at 5k again. So it did great in my opinion. Good for roll races in a straight it made a pretty cool highway car haha.