Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Bike discussion applied to a study.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:44 PM
duder
d00d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bike discussion applied to a study.

Originally Posted by Armenian
Ignorant. Calling all stuntriders squids. RESPECT. Learn it before you go bashing a style of riding you obviously know NOTHING about.
Agreed. It takes skills and guts.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Armenian
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by duder
Agreed. It takes skills and guts.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:51 AM
snikwad
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

Is there a hierarchy when it comes to motorcycles? ie, In your mind, are you a more valued motorcyclist if you ride a cruiser as opposed to a sportbike?
Definately not, but i have noticed that most guys that ride choppers or Harleys wont wave back to sportbike riders, for some reason. I guess sportbikes arent cool enough to them.

If you ride a sportbike, what makes you a better rider when compared to other bikers?
I dont think we are better riders, not all sportbike riders can stunt and hit twisties and scrape knee, but if you can, it definately takes more skill than cruisin on a hog or chopper.

Are there varying degrees to being a squid, or is one just a squid? ie, A squid is someone who rides recklessly without gear, however you could still wear full gear and still ride recklessly thus making you a squid?
No not really, squids are squids, no matter what they ride or what they do, its just unfortunate that most of em ride sportbikes.

Are there different style sportbike riders? Some people know there are those that stunt, and those that are for show, and those that came to track race, and others to street race....are any one of these styles valued more than the other
Not really, but stunt bikes are in most cases bikes that were smashed and converted, thats how the whole street fighter thing came to be, cause a cage costs less than replacing plastics.
There are'nt really different styles either, but you can kinda break it down if you want to. sportbikes - naked bikes - streetfighter. All slightly different but can be categorized as sportbikes, ex. the Triumph speed triple can be considered a sportbike, it can sure handle like one, but its really a naked
Old 11-13-2006, 08:34 PM
duder
d00d

duder is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AlWaYsBoOsTiN
well... when you buy a sport bike.. you are a street racer.. if you want to be or not.
I don't race and I have a sport bike. And you are only a "street racer" if you want to be. You ride your bike, you call the shots.

but I was rompin on the gas the first time I got on the bike.
Have fun when you drop it, if you already haven't.

as far as stunt riders.. anything for attention
well... when you buy a sport bike.. you are a street racer.. if you want to be or not.
Uh, so which side of your argument are you on?
Old 11-14-2006, 06:33 AM
Yamamaha
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

Nobody has a sport bike that stays below 5,000 rpms.
I didnt even read all what you said, i was skimming, but i have to say that your statement is inaccurate. The gentleman i bought my bike from, I would have to say, never got into the bike before i got it. This man is 48 years old, bought it brand new in 2001, and put 1114 miles on it. His wife bought her ninja brand new with him, and put 53 miles on hers. This is within 5 years people.....I would almost proclaim he never took the bike over 60mph.

EDIT: This dude obviously has a problem with comprehension. He doesnt understand any of the questions asked if you read his answers. Dude, if you check this post out, you may want to take another look at the questions at hand, and not answer them like an idiot. In fact if you dont understand what im talking about, ill break it down for you with an example:
If you ride a sportbike, what makes you a better rider when compared to other bikers?

Just the position of the person on the bike, gives more control and better handling. Not to mention a much better weight balance. Also hand position is pretty critical. can you imagine trying to make a recovery from hitting a pot hole or something in the road if your hands are 12 inches above your head? (like ape hanger handle bars?) Plus the sport bike is built for just that... sports... it is built for performance... so the bike is designed to out perform all the other bikes.
This guy doesnt want you to describe how to ride. He wants to know what it is in your opinion that makes you better than the rest. You should have just answered it like so:

Im a squid, enough said.

But to add to your survey so this isnt a totally wasted post:
Originally Posted by Mr.6
Questions:

Is there a hierarchy when it comes to motorcycles? ie, In your mind, are you a more valued motorcyclist if you ride a cruiser as opposed to a sportbike?
No hierarchy in my mind. Every rider has my equal respect. In fact, I give even more credit to women for riding too. I thinks it hot to see chicks riding out.

Experience. Its all on how much seat time you have, and how much you put yourself out there to learn (ex. track days, mountain rides, distance runs, talking with people to learn their techniques to apply with your own, etc.).

Are there varying degrees to being a squid, or is one just a squid? ie, A squid is someone who rides recklessly without gear, however you could still wear full gear and still ride recklessly thus making you a squid?
Varying degrees - yes. Being a squid is moreso how you act/ the judgement you use when it comes to common sense things while riding. Just my opinion

Are there different style sportbike riders? Some people know there are those that stunt, and those that are for show, and those that came to track race, and others to street race....are any one of these styles valued more than the other.
Well, you answered your first question, so your second question's answer is yes and no. To certain people, one style maybe more valued because thats what their approach is. Consequently, one may like to do tricks more than going as fast as they can in the 1/4 mile, so they would prefer stunting. To me though, I have a passion for riding in general, so whatever you do on the bike has an equal value to me.(except acting stupid). I like to stunt and am trying to learn to get better at it mainly because most stunting is done at slower speeds, and id rather wreck going 5mph sitting on a tank, rather than at 135mph going through the traps. But to each his own.

Last edited by Yamamaha; 11-14-2006 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Armenian
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by shiftnlift
I like to stunt and am trying to learn to get better at it mainly because most stunting is done at slower speeds, and id rather wreck going 5mph sitting on a tank
Slow stunting is for guppies its all about high speed stunts=high danger.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Yamamaha
misunderestimated

Yamamaha has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Armenian
Slow stunting is for guppies its all about high speed stunts=high danger.
Well, right now all my stunts are done at high speeds which i get a little uncomfortable, unless its a sit-down wheelie. I look at being able to do slow stunts as having the most complete control of the machine...
Old 11-14-2006, 10:31 PM
snikwad
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

^ True story.