Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

NOS, Nitrous Express, Zex, or Nitrous Works?

Old 06-08-2003 | 07:02 PM
IcantDo55

IcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud ofIcantDo55 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by LSPinoy
how safe is it to use a nitrous system on an automatic transmission? if you can only spray at open throttle, what gear or rpm level would you engage the nitrous?
You use a WOT switch!
Old 06-08-2003 | 07:34 PM
LSPinoy
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

what is a WOT switch?
Old 06-08-2003 | 09:23 PM
BigBake
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

You shouldn't spray below 3 grand or your going to bend things in places you can't see. The WOT is a good preventative switch but unfortunately still not going to govern where the N2O will engage, so a window switch is a much more reliable and safer device to control when the N2O can be applied. This also will help the extend the life of the transmission, spraying thru shifts really reduces the life of your transmission. Set the window switch to come on at the begining of your usable RPM range at wide open throttle. Mine starts at 4600, so I set the base at a grand below that, because first gear will start out lower. Then you set the shut off at 100-200 rpm below your shift RPM.
Old 06-08-2003 | 10:36 PM
Darren94

Darren94 is an unknown quantity at this point

well put bigbake.. like mine is a wide open switch but i dont have a window. so, i just watch when i spray very carefully,
Old 06-10-2003 | 10:08 PM
Lazarus
WAKE UP AND DRIVE

Lazarus is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow I would have thought Venom would have been the safest with all the extra monye yuo spend on "safety Features" and computer controls. I may get Zex instead I don't know