Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

May have been dumb.....

Old 02-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Z-Rated
wheels up bitches

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Z-Rated Z-Rated
Default Re: May have been dumb.....

DragVA/VaDriven > Slocb7
Old 02-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Slocb7
Registered Member

Slocb7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Z-Rated
DragVA/VaDriven > Slocb7
wooooooo.....i guess that was suppose to hurt my feelings or something, might want to try again, or atleast try a little harder.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:52 PM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by Slocb7
I have experience in life, dont say something about someone if you dont know them. And another thing, before you talk about anything, learn to spell, its not GRAMMER its actually GRAMMAR......

I already stated on my spelling of "grammar" and "poor".

The whole point was not to knock you but give you advice on setting something up.

First, some paper pusher in an office doesn't care about your cause so sending an email to them will accomplish nothing. If you wanted to go the route of having it approved by the county you need to go before the council. Doing so you need to have a valid argument weighing the pros and the cons. IE. The lack of a legal place for people who share your passion to congregate and the consequences associated with no such place existing.

Trespassing
Street Racing
Accidents
Etc...

However the response you will most get is that even if you were provided such a place with proper safety measures such as a police presence it would only be a place for trouble to brew. The county would be afraid that street races would be set up there to take place elsewhere.

Your second option is the easiest to pull off would be find a place where you and the owner have a mutual arrangement. Talk to restaurant owners and find out if they have a slow night and would like to earn some extra business on that night. If people who show up all go inside and eat some food making the owner some money during a time which he/she usually doesn't he/she would probably not have a problem with people hanging out in his lot for awhile. It would need to have an established time when everyone leaves so the owner can still leave on time. You would also need a group of people to ensure that trouble elements are asked to leave and the lot remains clean. The police nor the county could say a word to you, however they could take measures to make it not worth your while such as handing out equipment violations like candy.

You third option, create a non-profit organization or a full blown business aimed at taking care of the problem. Say you open your own sandwich shop with a car theme or whatever where your target audience is car enthusiast. This is the most costly and risky.

You take this post for what you feel its worth, I don't care one way or the other since I would never attend anyways.

Last edited by SpeedJunkie; 02-07-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:55 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Godzilla
imports are fukin gay end of story
Hallelujah... you've seen the light brother... come into the light
Old 02-08-2007, 06:44 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

http://www.carclubcouncil.com/

I would recommend contacting Fred Fann. He just MIGHT be a little more experienced than you...
Old 02-08-2007, 08:37 PM
thecollegekid
Registered Member

thecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the roughthecollegekid is a jewel in the rough

Anyone ever go up to the Mid-Atlantic Mega Meets? Perfect example of a good thing getting way out of hand and a few bad apples spoiling it for the rest of us. Great in the beginning though.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:47 AM
BluestedSRT
Owe 'bama Care

BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Hallelujah... you've seen the light brother... come into the light
Its true...I've seen recent posts where he praised a Yenko Camaro and a concept Lincoln.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Slocb7
Registered Member

Slocb7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
I already stated on my spelling of "grammar" and "poor".

The whole point was not to knock you but give you advice on setting something up.

First, some paper pusher in an office doesn't care about your cause so sending an email to them will accomplish nothing. If you wanted to go the route of having it approved by the county you need to go before the council. Doing so you need to have a valid argument weighing the pros and the cons. IE. The lack of a legal place for people who share your passion to congregate and the consequences associated with no such place existing.

Trespassing
Street Racing
Accidents
Etc...

However the response you will most get is that even if you were provided such a place with proper safety measures such as a police presence it would only be a place for trouble to brew. The county would be afraid that street races would be set up there to take place elsewhere.

Your second option is the easiest to pull off would be find a place where you and the owner have a mutual arrangement. Talk to restaurant owners and find out if they have a slow night and would like to earn some extra business on that night. If people who show up all go inside and eat some food making the owner some money during a time which he/she usually doesn't he/she would probably not have a problem with people hanging out in his lot for awhile. It would need to have an established time when everyone leaves so the owner can still leave on time. You would also need a group of people to ensure that trouble elements are asked to leave and the lot remains clean. The police nor the county could say a word to you, however they could take measures to make it not worth your while such as handing out equipment violations like candy.

You third option, create a non-profit organization or a full blown business aimed at taking care of the problem. Say you open your own sandwich shop with a car theme or whatever where your target audience is car enthusiast. This is the most costly and risky.

You take this post for what you feel its worth, I don't care one way or the other since I would never attend anyways.

Thanks man for the advice, well for yall who said i wouldnt get a response, well you all were wrong. I received a email from the assistant cheif of police of henrico county. He stated to me he would be more than happy to discuss this issue with me further. He stated what we all know, that being alot of meets are on private property and alot of them are no trespassing, that gives them the authority to arrest those who are on that property. So i will find out what we can do.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:56 PM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by Slocb7
Thanks man for the advice, well for yall who said i wouldnt get a response, well you all were wrong. I received a email from the assistant cheif of police of henrico county. He stated to me he would be more than happy to discuss this issue with me further. He stated what we all know, that being alot of meets are on private property and alot of them are no trespassing, that gives them the authority to arrest those who are on that property. So i will find out what we can do.
Well good luck with it.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:13 PM
IanR
Shut the Fuck Up!

IanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by thecollegekid
Anyone ever go up to the Mid-Atlantic Mega Meets? Perfect example of a good thing getting way out of hand and a few bad apples spoiling it for the rest of us. Great in the beginning though.

Those were fucking boring anyways...