Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Looking for other drivers...

Old 04-11-2007, 07:27 PM
SmoknWRX
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX
Default Looking for other drivers...

hey guys, im looking for any other enthusiasts out there in the radford/blacksburg area who like driving the mountain roads out here. I'm from virginia beach but am going to school up here and have been doing alot of different runs on the weekends. If there are any of you that already know alot of good stretches of road then please let me know. Ive been trying to branch out each time i go and find new routes, but its a slow process and there are a million fcking roads.
anyways, i do drive "spirited" when i go but always well within control, and always keep that in mind. but itd be nice to get a few cars together on a drive. i would not want to race, but just driving with a nice group of cars through those roads would be fun. so if out there would want to go drive, i know i can get my friend with his m3 to come out as well. so if there is anyone else that has any interest let me know.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Looking for other drivers...

Hey man,
Good to see another enthusiast join our area. Although you're 45 mins away, just about every weekend or every other weekend, we have a group of guys (5-15 people) go on a 1-2 hr long spirited drive. We have all sorts of guys join (Evos, 911, 240SX, GTi's, S4, Passats, Jettas, WRX, etc..).

As you've mentioned, there are tons of roads in these areas that are great to drive on. So, shoot me a PM if you'd like to join us sometime here in Roanoke when we go on a drive and i'll fill you in several days in advance so you can decide if you'd like to join or not.

BTW, what all have you done to your WRX? Nice to see another Suby owner around, I have an 03 WRX, damn they're fun.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:59 PM
DSMdtrain
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

there are a couple around Radford, a nice one is right after you get off the first 81 Radford exit. Take the right like your going to RU then take a left at the Holiday Inn. Another one is on the other side of Radford City towards the other 81 exit/entrance. Take a right to go down along the New River, nice roads...but too many cops to do any speeding
Old 04-12-2007, 02:05 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

you guys have NO idea what backroads are if you think radford has any.

on that note, have fun, if you wake me up to scrape you off the pavement on my one day i can spend a little time off, i wont be a happy camper.

second quarter of the year, already had one DOA and about 5 wrecks that required LG10.

and, backroad driving is for pussies. run each other up (or down) five mile mtn, Shooting creek, or Cannadays Gap (two are paved, one is a 15% DIRT road grade up the mountain.) being able to conrol a car on pavement is one thing, but till you can keep a car in line on a dirt road at speeds that would make richard petty cry, i dont want to hear about it
Old 04-12-2007, 03:15 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

http://www.carguys.com/calendar.html
nicest mountain roads i've seen.
not sure how "spirited" you drive on the public road,but for fuck's sake,don't be a jackass.
Chris
Old 04-12-2007, 06:29 AM
DSMdtrain
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by fc735
you guys have NO idea what backroads are if you think radford has any.
I'm from the mountains
Old 04-12-2007, 07:29 AM
SmoknWRX
Registered Member

SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX SmoknWRX

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Hey man,
Good to see another enthusiast join our area. Although you're 45 mins away, just about every weekend or every other weekend, we have a group of guys (5-15 people) go on a 1-2 hr long spirited drive. We have all sorts of guys join (Evos, 911, 240SX, GTi's, S4, Passats, Jettas, WRX, etc..).

As you've mentioned, there are tons of roads in these areas that are great to drive on. So, shoot me a PM if you'd like to join us sometime here in Roanoke when we go on a drive and i'll fill you in several days in advance so you can decide if you'd like to join or not.

BTW, what all have you done to your WRX? Nice to see another Suby owner around, I have an 03 WRX, damn they're fun.
I'd be down for coming out there. I had an 03 wrx as well but sold it 2 years ago and picked up an e36 m3, drove that for a year and sold it too. i just recently picked up a e39 m5.

fc735, regardless if i dont "know" what backroads are, i have fun out there. I wasnt referring to radford roads anyways. i just start here and head out into the neighboring counties. And dirt roads that go up mountains arent my forte anyway in a bmw.

boostdclips, i normally head out towards 81 and then drive past the hospital a few miles and then pull a right at the stop sign and head towards a stretch called indian valley. Ive also been back on the opposite side of radford like you were saying. that road connects with alot of the other routes ive driven out there.

anyways i know this weekend is going to be shit as far as weather goes, and next weekend is quadfest here at radford, but im definitely down for doing some driving sometime soon. heiss, ill send u a pm about the roanoke thing.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Sottilde
Registered Member

Sottilde has disabled reputation

I sent him a PM too. I'm in Lexington.

I imagine you go to Polytechnic?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:46 AM
SmoknWRX
Registered Member

actually i go to radford university. what do you drive sottilde?