Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Inquiry for those in Roanoke

Old 04-17-2007, 09:09 PM
wastedfluid
cizko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wastedfluid has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Inquiry for those in Roanoke

Hey guys.

New here to the board; but just a general inquiry.

I'm moving to Roanoke in June/July. Was wondering if you guys have any places that are hiring. I don't want huge money, just enough to get me through a few bills.

I did 2 years in the Navy as a Hydraulic Technician(ABE - Aviation Boatsaine Mate Equipment Launch/Recovery); recieved a general discharge.

I've worked as Computer Technician for 9 months prior to joining the Navy. A+ certifications have expired. Done retail. I work on my car like a demon, from anything to wiring up my system, laying fiberglass, installing suspension, installing my aquamist injector system to work with my BEGI FMU. I'm a car guy, mostly car audio.. I'm good with computers, anything hydraulic, electricity, i love car audio...

Any ideas? I don't mind labor. Did enough of htat in the Navy.

Thanks for your help...
Old 04-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Pyscolilboy17
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Inquiry for those in Roanoke

I dont work here but i heard they get paid really well. Its ITT. Im not sure if they are hiring or not but i would def. look into it.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:57 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

i work at circuit city.and we are hiring..you could try applying in road shop...or firedog since you know computers

we all work on our cars like demons at CCity
Old 04-18-2007, 01:31 PM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Carilion is always hiring. My girlfriend is in HR over there...
Old 04-18-2007, 08:19 PM
moooopar
Registered Member

moooopar is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a company here called Sarvers Hydraulics. I know they do vehicle lift installs/repairs but don't know if they do anything else.
You can try the Advance call center. You can get hired there yesterday. They hired me

Last edited by moooopar; 04-18-2007 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added
Old 04-18-2007, 08:27 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

I'd check out ITT first.... That was a good suggestion. It definitely helps that you're prior military.

A friend of mine came out of the Navy and is working at ITT making pretty decent money.. Definitely better than what Circuit City pays
Old 04-19-2007, 07:27 AM
wastedfluid
cizko

wastedfluid has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well. It's not that i'm ashamed of my discharge (General / Family Hardship) - it's that MOST companies can't distinguish the diference between honorable, general, oth, bcd, or a dishonorable.

They see a General Discharge and think I killed my Chief. They see an OTH and think, oh, this guy just had family problems. When the reality is, most OTH are UA/Piss poppers. Unless a job required a background check, I'm probably more inclined to NOT put my military experience until an interview - where I could take a second to explain it.

Howeverr, I plan on going to college, and using this $37,000 in MGIB that I have for school. I'm not looking for a full time job, really. Just decent pay.

Thanks for your suggestions/help so far. I really appreciate it.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:05 PM
The Nisbro
SAY IT WITCHA CHEST!

The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro The Nisbro

then i suggest circuit city..easy work..decent pay if you work in the right area...and we're all car crazy