Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Koni Yellow settings

Old 05-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Axelerate
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate
Default Re: Koni Yellow settings

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
I'm running H&R Supersports and these Koni's yellows that it. what do you think set-up wise is best?
Well it's depends on what you are doing with the car and how you want it to handle.

I'm not familiar with a solid rear axle, a good place to start with RWD street settings would be medium stiff front and the rears almost on full soft.

Just turn them all the way soft and then just back it off a smidge to keep them from locking up.

On my 350z I pretty much leave my rears on the street settings and just stiffen up the fronts for spirited/track driving.

Last edited by Axelerate; 05-23-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:48 PM
QwanSanchez
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

ya car is more for turns then a straight line, i had them running full stiff all the way around and it was defiantly a crazy feeling compared to stock. Going to running the in the middle more towards the softer side for daily i think im still not sure what i'm going to do for the turns yet.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:25 AM
vbspec
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

I'm running H&R Supersports and these Koni's yellows that it. what do you think set-up wise is best?
You have not said what kind of car and what mods you have done. And no one can tell you what to set shocks for because its a feel thing. Just remember that really what you are doing is adjusting the resistance of the shock rebounding from compression. That means if you shock is compressed 2 inches at full soft there is less resistance against the spring extending the shock. If you compress the shock 2 inches at full stiff there is more resistance for the spring so the shock extends slower. The difference in how the shock rebounds is your ability to control weight transfer. I would think with an off the shelf set of lowering springs you are going to want to stay close to soft as the spring will not be able to get the tire back on the ground say if you hit a bump or pot hole in the road. And I assume this is for street driving. Konis are very popular because they have a slightly stiffer feel over stock and that is defiantly a more sporty feeling ride. Hope this helps.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:39 AM
MAD_DOHC
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by vbspec
You have not said what kind of car and what mods you have done.
Maybe you should go back and read, because he did.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:49 AM
QwanSanchez
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Just picked up a pair of Koni yellows and I was trying to set them up. Is all the way to the left the softest setting or all the way to the right? also what setting should i put it on for daily driving? Car in question is a 96GT if that matters.
Originally Posted by vbspec
You have not said what kind of car and what mods you have done. And no one can tell you what to set shocks for because its a feel thing. Just remember that really what you are doing is adjusting the resistance of the shock rebounding from compression. That means if you shock is compressed 2 inches at full soft there is less resistance against the spring extending the shock. If you compress the shock 2 inches at full stiff there is more resistance for the spring so the shock extends slower. The difference in how the shock rebounds is your ability to control weight transfer. I would think with an off the shelf set of lowering springs you are going to want to stay close to soft as the spring will not be able to get the tire back on the ground say if you hit a bump or pot hole in the road. And I assume this is for street driving. Konis are very popular because they have a slightly stiffer feel over stock and that is defiantly a more sporty feeling ride. Hope this helps.

Thanks i'll try messing around with it this weekend.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:04 AM
vbspec
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Maybe you should go back and read, because he did.
Well all he said was its a 96gt and yes I missed that but, has he changed tires, swaybars, has is done anything else to the car? That has not been answered.

But everyone knows your the biggest shit talker on this site and your proud of that so thats cool. But if the OP wants someone to help he needs to understand what the shocks are actually doing, which I explained. And understand that any change to the car will change how you would setup the suspension.

So before this turns into SPO lets keep this on topic