Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good Lawyer In Richmond/Chesterfield Area?

Old 08-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Good Lawyer In Richmond/Chesterfield Area?

Originally Posted by NFCstang
Actually I bet they don't get dropped. I know a lot of military guys that live in VA and their cars are registered in other states that have gotten tickets for things that are legal in their home state (tint comes to mind), however if you maintain a residence in VA you're pretty screwed.
That's for equipment, not licensing and registration. He's donkeypuckered on the equipment violations.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:57 PM
crznx2000
Registered Member

crznx2000 has disabled reputation

virgina is gay...im moving
Old 08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
IMSHAKN
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by NFCstang
Actually I bet they don't get dropped. I know a lot of military guys that live in VA and their cars are registered in other states that have gotten tickets for things that are legal in their home state (tint comes to mind), however if you maintain a residence in VA you're pretty screwed.
That's the point, he does not maintain a residence in VA. Since he does not maintain a residence in VA, he does not need a VA license or register his vehicles here. These charges are his major concerns because it is a misdemeanor criminal charge.

Anybody traveling on VA roads and highways can be held to the equipment violations no matter where the vehicle is registered. They can cite any vehicle for anything in the motor vehicle code if they so choose. The same is true in any state, not just VA.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Bizkit64
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

Originally Posted by crznx2000
virgina is gay...im moving
+1

Good luck on this. Hope things work out.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Nd4SpdSe
Registered Member

Nd4SpdSe is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, your good, I couldn't find that.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Nd4SpdSe
Registered Member

Nd4SpdSe is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update, well, no update really, but I have been digging for more info, and I think i found *exactly* what I needed!

"Nonresident" means every person who is not domiciled in the Commonwealth, except: (i) any foreign corporation that is authorized to do business in the Commonwealth by the State Corporation Commission shall be a resident of the Commonwealth for the purpose of this title; in the case of corporations incorporated in the Commonwealth but doing business outside the Commonwealth, only such principal place of business or branches located within the Commonwealth shall be dealt with as residents of the Commonwealth; (ii) a person who becomes engaged in a gainful occupation in the Commonwealth for a period exceeding 60 days shall be a resident for the purposes of this title except for the purposes of Chapter 3 (§ 46.2-300 et seq.) of this title; (iii) a person, other than a nonresident student as defined in this section, who has actually resided in the Commonwealth for a period of six months, whether employed or not, or who has registered a motor vehicle, listing an address in the Commonwealth in the application for registration shall be deemed a resident for the purposes of this title, except for the purposes of the Virginia Commercial Driver's License Act (§ 46.2-341.1 et seq.).
The rest, I'm in the midst of getting a letter from a cop back home stating that my car is back in Canada, so the rest should be dropped from that.