Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Chasing a problem

Old 10-11-2007, 12:13 AM
CarShowz
U LòÓk Mad !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Chasing a problem

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
In addition to fuel pump check fuel lines. Have you noticed it leaking gas at all? Leaking can me just smelling gas. Sounds like Fuel Pump to me though....check the pump itself and the fuse...although it doesn't seem like it'd work at all if it was the fuse.
when the car died earlier after refueling and i tried to start it it sorta started for a second then died. the next 3 times that i turned the key after that it would crank but not start and i smelled an assload of fuel but it kinda smelled like paint

Originally Posted by MaxPower
If you can find someone with an amp probe that will tell you if its the fuel pump or not.

Does your stutter happen right when you start it up completely cold or after it has warmed up?
the stutter will happen after i've been driving around for a while but i'm a driver for chanellos right now and if the problem was the car being hot it should of done this a long time ago or just about everyday cuz i'm always driving.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:44 PM
MaxPower
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower
Default Re: Chasing a problem

Originally Posted by CarShowz

the stutter will happen after i've been driving around for a while but i'm a driver for chanellos right now and if the problem was the car being hot it should of done this a long time ago or just about everyday cuz i'm always driving.
I was looking more for it to be a closed loop problem not really an overheating thing. Since timing is brought up that would be something to get checked if you cant yourself. Your ecm timing maps differ from open loop to closed loop. On your specific car though I dont know by how much.