Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Autocross at Pungo on October 7th

Old 10-11-2007, 08:11 AM
jimbalaya
Autocross.US

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jimbalaya has disabled reputation
Default Re: Autocross at Pungo on October 7th

Originally Posted by WhiteAssPeePee
It didnt even up shit for me Thanks to my SM classing, I have a horrible PAX because my car is supposed to be fast
Your car is way under prepped for SM. I don't think anyone would have a problem with you running in ESP as long as you are in the novice class. Your one mod that makes your car SM isn't a big deal in my opinion. If you get serious and do this after moving out of the novice class, you will have to decide on going full SM prepped, removing the mod and go ESP, or getting another car and starting from scratch.

For now, just have fun with it and try to improve each time. btw, You would have been 2nd or 3rd PAX in novice class in ESP and like 30th overall.

Last edited by jimbalaya; 10-11-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Dmac
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jimbalaya
Glad to see you all could make it out yesterday and also glad to read you guys had a great time too.

For those of you that drove out there for the first time - you picked a good event to start. The course was as fast as i've ever driven out there and the 2 lap courses are always fun. You've also been a part of local racing history to participate in the last event at Pungo. Some form of racing has been going on there since the late 60's. Even though the venue isn't what it used to be, it will be missed. Many of us got our first competitive driving experience there.

btw, for those who are interested - I've got a calendar of all the regional autocross and HPDE events here:
http://www.autocross.us/index.php?op...lpro&Itemid=33

There will be an event at Littlecreek Amphib base on the 21st of this month and 18th of next month. Registration opens 1 week or so before the event.

hey I tried to put my name on the access list and some password screen came up, is it too early?
Old 10-12-2007, 04:43 AM
maacodale
Registered Member

maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale

Originally Posted by elambz

Actually, PAX is a handicap.
PAX is a great way to make you either feel great or shitty, depending on what class you're in. It's based on variables that don't always sorrelate to the particular event you're at. Some committee, like the great and powerful OZ, tabulates the results from SCCA Nationals and other major events. The problem with that, is at the BIG events, you have the best drivers in the best prepared cars. It would be like comparing an NFL teams stats with a youth league team of the same name. They're both playing the same game, but on MUCH different levels. My opinion, worry about who's in your class and SCREW PAX! I can drive as good as anyone else and I can set up a car pretty good too. But I have a helluva time beating a calculator!