Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Go-Mart Meet Friday Night Oct 19th

Old 10-19-2007, 03:41 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Go-Mart Meet Friday Night Oct 19th

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
Is it fast..?
Compared to your dads RX7? I don't know.

What do you consider fast? It's fast enough to get in trouble, to get hurt, to feel an amazing adrenaline rush... I think it's "fast enough," which might sound like a cop out to your question, but it does the job for me. It's certainly not a straight line drag racer, and it was never intended to be.

And no, I'm not interested in racing anyone if that's what you're getting at. lol. It's not worth the risk to me. I made that mistake a few years ago.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:52 PM
BSeriesTurbo
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Bromfield?

I know a few people with green ZX10R's... I just realized Bromfield had one when I went on the Powersports ride a week or two ago, whenever that was.
Nah, his name is not bromfield, sorry.

Woods, be the name.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Compared to your dads RX7? I don't know.

What do you consider fast? It's fast enough to get in trouble, to get hurt, to feel an amazing adrenaline rush... I think it's "fast enough," which might sound like a cop out to your question, but it does the job for me. It's certainly not a straight line drag racer, and it was never intended to be.

And no, I'm not interested in racing anyone if that's what you're getting at. lol. It's not worth the risk to me. I made that mistake a few years ago.
I gotz a valentinzzz uno, never had a ticket in my life, no jokes.
Old 10-20-2007, 05:06 AM
DSMdtrain
Registered Member

DSMdtrain will become famous soon enough

whurr wuz yallz at yo?
Old 10-20-2007, 05:29 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
I gotz a valentinzzz uno, never had a ticket in my life, no jokes.
I was thinking about doing a V1 on the bike... Suprisingly, a lot of people do radar on motorcycles. I think it would be cool to do the actual radar unit hidden in the ram air duct, and I could put the remote display kind of back in the windscreen where I could see it but no one else could.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

I was thinking about doing a V1 on the bike... Suprisingly, a lot of people do radar on motorcycles. I think it would be cool to do the actual radar unit hidden in the ram air duct, and I could put the remote display kind of back in the windscreen where I could see it but no one else could.
I had one of those wireless ones where the main part was intended to go behind the grill of the car, and the lights and buzzer portion went on your dash. I mounted the main part on the front of my bike, and had the other part inside my helmet. Worked very well...
Old 10-20-2007, 03:37 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I had one of those wireless ones where the main part was intended to go behind the grill of the car, and the lights and buzzer portion went on your dash. I mounted the main part on the front of my bike, and had the other part inside my helmet. Worked very well...
That's sort of what I'm considering doing..

There are several manufacturers out there that are starting to dabble in bluetooth integrated helmets, or if all else fails, it's easy to integrate bluetooth capable speakers/headphones into the lining of a helmet... Chatterboxes (communication devices, obviously) offer bluetooth functions for your cell phone, mp3 players, etc..... I think, if not already, Valentine One is going to have a bluetooth capability in the near future. That will be a great option. You couldn't see the main radar unit at all if it was mounted in the ram air duct.