Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Richmond ride to mountains Sunday

Old 10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Real Random
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: Richmond ride to mountains Sunday

how do you lose your keys?
Don't you have one of those tether things on your belt?
I know i had to get one cause my memory is not as good as it used to be
Old 10-22-2007, 09:15 AM
djgrom
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

Well I am assuming I lost them. But we had a party at my house for my brothers birthday and the keys were not on the hook in the morning. Since All the people at our house were our closest friends and numbered less then 20 I am sure none of them took it. So I have to assume that I did something with them.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Chino
Your Kneegrow

Chino has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by djgrom
Well I am assuming I lost them. But we had a party at my house for my brothers birthday and the keys were not on the hook in the morning. Since All the people at our house were our closest friends and numbered less then 20 I am sure none of them took it. So I have to assume that I did something with them.
check the bong...might be at the bottom of it.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 AM
tundrafiend01
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by djgrom
If you can't find them and need a hand pulling the top triple to take to a locksmith, let me know. You'll probably want to pull the helmet lock as well to make sure the key works in both places because it might work the ignition, but if it doesn't work the helmet lock, it might not work the gas cap...

Edit: I'm glad everyone came out of this without serious injuries. It sounded like a good time otherwise.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
djgrom
LaShawn

Originally Posted by Chino
check the bong...might be at the bottom of it.
Don't smoke. Sorry mate.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:08 PM
evan matthews
Registered member

evan matthews has disabled reputation

Must get another bike!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by onepointone
i hit a patch of sand back in aug. and lowsided my gsxr. because of that, im just not interested in doing rides like that anymore. luckily no one was hurt. its just not worth it to me anymore. thinking back on it, we used to be STUPID going through the mountains. roads like RT. 56 before you hit the blueridge parkway..

glad to hear no one was hurt.

Thats the exact route we took, and there were a few bad gravel patches but I think everyone just got caught out by turns they didn't know and riding beyond their skill level, not hitting debris.

When I got serious into track riding I quit riding on the street all together for about 2 years, because your right it just wasn't fun, but I realized its because I was treating the track and the street like the same bit of tarmac. Now that I'm back in school I can't afford a dedicated track bike and all the associated costs of serious track riding and racing, so I can do occasional track days but not at full speed since I don't want to crash my transportation. I used to ride like I was on a racetrack on the street, but now I've calmed down and wisened up a bit, theres no reason you can't enjoy a street ride through the mountains, you just can't go in with the mindset that your going to ride like a track day, if you expect to get the same speed thrill your going to be dissapointed or get hurt. I just enjoyed getting out of town a little, hanging out with friends, seeing some beautiful scenery, and just spending time with my bike. Usually I will run through 56 once at a almost legal pace, look for gravel and hazards, turn around, and then run it at a quick pace knowing where potential hazards are, but still only riding at probably 80%, but going through blind the first run at 100% like a lot of guys do is just asking for it.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:56 PM
seanazzy
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm the same way. i'll go through once and then make a few passes usually out at 211 near skyline but i know guys draggin' knees on the street...i could never trust tires on the street or the elements enough to do that, i don't think
Old 10-23-2007, 05:41 PM
BuiltforSin
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Originally Posted by seanazzy
i'm the same way. i'll go through once and then make a few passes usually out at 211 near skyline but i know guys draggin' knees on the street...i could never trust tires on the street or the elements enough to do that, i don't think
yeah draggin knees on the street is pretty crazy. too many roads with gravel.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:23 PM
djgrom
LaShawn

traffic circles baby