Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

strut bar with lowering springs?

Old 08-30-2003, 10:17 AM
hondazccivic
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default strut bar with lowering springs?

Hey, my friend went to a shop cuz he is gonna buy some coil overs or maybe just lowering springs he aint sure yet and he was told that he shouldn't use a strut bar (the bar that goes accross the two struts at the front or back to stabilize them) because he is going to have springs or coil overs in his car. He has a 2003 cavalier Z24, any reason why they would say this?
-Aaron-
Old 08-30-2003, 10:41 AM
crxnfx
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

because they are stupid.
Actually, the only reason I could possibly think of is that you could push your car so hard to one side, that it would break the studs that connect your strut tower bar to your shocks (since thats what connects the two anyway) and then your shock would come out, and then all hell would break loose. But this would have to be one hell of a push, and since its only a cavalier, I don't think he should have anything to worry about.

Go to another shop.
Old 08-30-2003, 11:32 AM
wrx+
WRX Wrencher

wrx+ is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with crxnfx, go to another shop, unless your buddy is only going to do the 1/4 mile and wants to save as much weight as possible. If your buddy likes curves then the strut bars are a must have, his car will track flatter in a curve with a better tire patch on the ground(= faster turns)and will only get better with each suspension mod he does.