Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Careful Heading out to Norfolk from Town Center Va Bch

Old 12-12-2007, 01:56 PM
NEO_WRX
Japanese Disease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX
Default Re: Careful Heading out to Norfolk from Town Center Va Bch

holy fuck, so if someone disagree's with a DUI checkpoint they become a raging alcoholic?
Old 12-12-2007, 01:59 PM
ls/vtec hatch
Registered Member

ls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura aboutls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TRU
Shut the fuck up and quit bitching. You wouldn't be worried if you were driving sober, end of story. You don't have to have probable cause to ask someone a question, and if they are clearly drunk then thats reason to give them a breathlyzer/PBT. If you drink (like most of us do), at least man up and get a DD or a cab or something. It's very clear that you don't understand how many people are out there drunk driving...
Thats funny.....The point of the matter is that it is an invasion of privatcy.

Thats why other states have voted against it. Yes i am against drunk driving but that doesnt give police the right to make road blocks. There are many laws at the beach that dont go for the rest of city just during the summer at the beach.

How would you feel if the cops just did random searches of your house because you live in a known neighborhood that sells crack. The stats might say that there is a 6 out of 8 chance that u sell crack or have it in ur house but they cant kick down ur door and search.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:24 PM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

I understand what you are saying, but theres a line between invasion of property and keeping people safe. There are a huge amount of innocent people killed and hurt by drunk driving accidents per year. By placing a checkpoint near bars/restaurants that are known to sell a lot of alcohol, they are simply being smart. I don't know what other laws they have at the beach that aren't in place for the rest of the state, but that is not what this is about. Are people really offended by being stopped at a DUI checkpoint? I don't think so. I don't agree with MANY things that police do, but when i get stopped at a checkpoint, I thank the police for what they are doing. It's better than them being out there giving people tickets for modified cars, and it keeps innocent people being hurt. It is simply a measure to try to protect the public....and if people are GENUINELY offended by these checkpoints, then they must have it good because they've got nothing else to worry about.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
l0uiE|3oy
posted on da block

l0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud of

ok a lil off topic but, on topic, did anyone notice how MANY police bikes there are now? going to downtown norfolk i saw about 8 ppl who got pulled over by them.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:45 PM
ls/vtec hatch
Registered Member

ls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura aboutls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by TRU
I understand what you are saying, but theres a line between invasion of property and keeping people safe. There are a huge amount of innocent people killed and hurt by drunk driving accidents per year. By placing a checkpoint near bars/restaurants that are known to sell a lot of alcohol, they are simply being smart. I don't know what other laws they have at the beach that aren't in place for the rest of the state, but that is not what this is about. Are people really offended by being stopped at a DUI checkpoint? I don't think so. I don't agree with MANY things that police do, but when i get stopped at a checkpoint, I thank the police for what they are doing. It's better than them being out there giving people tickets for modified cars, and it keeps innocent people being hurt. It is simply a measure to try to protect the public....and if people are GENUINELY offended by these checkpoints, then they must have it good because they've got nothing else to worry about.
Dont get me wrong i agree to some degree....I dont drive under the influence and i see where having check points saves lives.

The other part is that when you allow a couple of rights to be infringed upon it allows for others to be walked on later down the road

Also other laws at the beach would be the 3 time pass rule, foul language law, music loudness law.....just take a look at some charges there areduring the summer
Old 12-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Shaminii
My dick is tan.

Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii

What is 3 time pass rule? I always saw those foul language signs all over VB but never thought it was a real law. Where can I find these laws?
Old 12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
joey011582
Registered Member

joey011582 has disabled reputation

Chicago and most cities in Illinois perform check points too. Last time i read up on this matter, it was nationwide thing.

http://trafficsafetymarketing.gov/ne...iday%3C%2FB%3E