Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Evolution & Subi Meet.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 AM
japslapr
Built, HTA, V9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Evolution & Subi Meet.

Originally Posted by SubieChik

Man he needs to do something with that car. He is running low boost and making 410hp with a kit that is capable of making 450+. All Kienan did was street tune it to make it drivable.....he needs to go and get it dyno tuned to get his moneys worth out of that Perrin kit.

NOt sure of the A/R on his turbo... but that kit is capable of well more than his motor can take. Again, depending on the A/R, it's more like a 550whp setup. Not that it hasn't happened but his pistons would not take that for long, if at all. Tranny should be fine but I hate the ratio's. 1st gear is useless. People talk up these six speeds SO much... I hate em'. Trapping in 5th gear? Blah! NO thanks.

He also mentioned not having a clutch to take the abuse of 450+.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:59 AM
japslapr
Built, HTA, V9

japslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these partsjapslapr is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by SubieChik
I love my accessport and wouldn't get anything else. For what I want out of my car it wasn't a waste of money for me. I like it because it has real time options on it so it can be used as a boost gauge, speedometer, rpm gauge and a few other things. I also like it because if my check engine light comes on I can use it as a system diagnostic tool which you might now can get pretty pricey for a good one. If I totally change my set up and need a retune and dont have the money or time I can always have Cobb or TDC send me a custom tune map that only needs to be downloaded on my AP....I don't think it really gets more easier than that.

Now I don't know how a reflash works so I can't say much anything about that at all....

My husband actually ordered a Hydra from Kienan originally but had him send it back and got an AP instead.
Open ECU essentially does the same thing. Difference is.. open ECU is free if you can tune yourself. All it takes is a laptop, the free software, and a 60$ cable. Kinda why Cobb AP sales have dropped and exactly why the street tuner is now so cheap.

Hydra and AP are two WAY different beasts.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by japslapr
NOt sure of the A/R on his turbo... but that kit is capable of well more than his motor can take. Again, depending on the A/R, it's more like a 550whp setup. Not that it hasn't happened but his pistons would not take that for long, if at all. Tranny should be fine but I hate the ratio's. 1st gear is useless. People talk up these six speeds SO much... I hate em'. Trapping in 5th gear? Blah! NO thanks.

He also mentioned not having a clutch to take the abuse of 450+.
Phil @ Element has made well over 500awhp with stock blocks and had 'em hold together.

Also, the '07 tranny has much wider gearing. 4th is good for right at 120mph, IIRC.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:16 PM
japslapr
Built, HTA, V9

Originally Posted by Corey
Phil @ Element has made well over 500awhp with stock blocks and had 'em hold together.

Also, the '07 tranny has much wider gearing. 4th is good for right at 120mph, IIRC.
Wasn't aware the ratios had changed. I got used to "fast" 6 speeds launching in 2nd gear. The Puerto Rico guys have been doing nasty things with 40r's and stock sti 6 spds for awhile now.

Yeah. I have seen stock STi blocks take almost 600. I have also seen a bone stock EJ205 make 477awhp. It HAS happened but is still NOT recomended or the norm. Keep in mind this has just as much to do with tuner and dyno as it does anything else. STi's "need" pistons to make the power "safely."

IMO, a 35r on an STi on 18psi is an utter waste. You can have a turbo that will spool significantly faster and make the same power. NOT knocking Doods car at all.... but 410 awhp on a 2.5.... shit, an FP Green ( 3" 8cm) will do that and have way better throttle response. It looks pretty tho.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:32 AM
intense2jz
Registered Member

intense2jz is infamous around these partsintense2jz is infamous around these partsintense2jz is infamous around these partsintense2jz is infamous around these partsintense2jz is infamous around these partsintense2jz is infamous around these partsintense2jz is infamous around these partsintense2jz is infamous around these partsintense2jz is infamous around these partsintense2jz is infamous around these partsintense2jz is infamous around these parts

openecu is the shit! You just have to know how to use it.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Muncher
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

^ thanks for the input, lol.