Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Looking for a shop for X 1/9

Old 02-07-2008, 07:55 AM
Mishy
VVT-i FTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mishy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for a shop for X 1/9

I'm looking for a place that can work on an '83 Bertone X1/9 around this area. We are getting it next week, it has been garaged for 7 years, does not run, but I won't be able to say why exactly until it gets down here. Apparently the man who owns it now said the battery isn't the only reason it isn't running. Any recommendations? Thanx!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Dick
Registered Member

Dick has disabled reputation
Default Re: Looking for a shop for X 1/9

abacus racing on baker rd
Old 02-07-2008, 10:10 AM
NeverEnough
No Rep, No Respect..

NeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the roughNeverEnough is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mishy
I'm looking for a place that can work on an '83 Bertone X1/9 around this area. We are getting it next week, it has been garaged for 7 years, does not run, but I won't be able to say why exactly until it gets down here. Apparently the man who owns it now said the battery isn't the only reason it isn't running. Any recommendations? Thanx!
Those are really cool little cars. I've always liked the way they look and sit. Looks like a go cart with fenders. I know there are few places in the Yorktown/Williamsburg area that would work on it. You probably don't want to bring it that far. But if you do, Look up Colonial Foreign Car, European Cars of Williamsburg, East Coast Exotics(but the owner is an arrogant ass).
Old 02-07-2008, 10:12 AM
blah
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by Dick
abacus racing on baker rd
This would honestly be your best bet. They specialize in Jaguar restorations and if they can't help you, they can point you in the right direction. It won't be cheap though.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Dick
Registered Member

Dick has disabled reputation

kevan at abacus works on everything
Old 02-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Mishy
VVT-i FTW

Mishy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
Those are really cool little cars. I've always liked the way they look and sit. Looks like a go cart with fenders. I know there are few places in the Yorktown/Williamsburg area that would work on it. You probably don't want to bring it that far. But if you do, Look up Colonial Foreign Car, European Cars of Williamsburg, East Coast Exotics(but the owner is an arrogant ass).
Thanx, they drive like little gokarts too. I may have to bring her that far, at least initially. If we can get it running smooth, I am more willing to entrust maintenance to a non-specialty shop. Maybe...LOL I'm nervous about it though, the car has LESS than 50k miles on it! I really want to preserve the engine, considering.

Originally Posted by blah
This would honestly be your best bet. They specialize in Jaguar restorations and if they can't help you, they can point you in the right direction. It won't be cheap though.
I will call them too. I would of course prefer it if it was on this side. I will see what they say. Thanx so much for the advice!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:34 AM
ritz
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

I will call them too. I would of course prefer it if it was on this side. I will see what they say. Thanx so much for the advice!
They're in VB. Pretty much on the Norfolk/VB line near the airport.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:10 PM
VDub_Hitze
Registered Member

VDub_Hitze is an unknown quantity at this point

Woot! I can't wait to see her!!! I'm so excited

See ya tomorrow