Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Vehicles on property info needed

Old 03-17-2008, 06:22 AM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie
Default Re: Vehicles on property info needed

Originally Posted by driveahonda
City inspector said as long as it was out of sight it is fine. Where can I find this written down? I have been reading the city codes compliance on municode.com for a while now and still do not see anything that pertains to vehicle storage.
It has to be in a privacy fence or a garage. Not "just out of sight"

Hell they can check under a car cover to make sure it is legit.

I know because I have dealt with the same issue in Richmond and Norfolk.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:25 AM
CavemanRacing
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

Just double checked with the city inspector. Yes, it needs to be "out of sight" from both neighbors on either side and from the street. So check, check, and check.

Thanks if you gave any info.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:25 AM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by driveahonda
Just double checked with the city inspector. Yes, it needs to be "out of sight" from both neighbors on either side and from the street. So check, check, and check.

Thanks if you gave any info.
Also from the back.

It still sounds as if you have no basis because if the landlord has a decent lease agreement it should clearly state no unregistered cars on the property in it. I know most of mine did.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:26 AM
CavemanRacing
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

I have privacy fence around my whole yard.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:48 AM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

I'd go to autozone and throw a $20 cover car cover over it.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:24 AM
aacjohnc
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

if its an eye sore then they can tow it . but if it under a car cover with the tires not defalted then they should have no reason to tow . just went through the same thing with a city cop strolling through the neighborhood . and yes if it on a city street then you need tags and an ispection sticker . if it on your property (not in sight )(like behind a fence or the house/under a car cover )then your fine . but what you landlord is talking about is that since it is an eye sore it can depreciate the value of the land/neighborhood equity if someone comes to appraise the house/area. waht my landlord was bitching about.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:30 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by aacjohnc
if its an eye sore then they can tow it . but if it under a car cover with the tires not defalted then they should have no reason to tow . just went through the same thing with a city cop strolling through the neighborhood . and yes if it on a city street then you need tags and an ispection sticker . if it on your property (not in sight )(like behind a fence or the house/under a car cover )then your fine . but what you landlord is talking about is that since it is an eye sore it can depreciate the value of the land/neighborhood equity if someone comes to appraise the house/area. waht my landlord was bitching about.
Landlord owns the property, not the renter.

/thread.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:47 AM
slimb
slowest member

slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Um, it's his property so he can pretty much tell you whatever he wants.
ding
Old 03-18-2008, 12:10 PM
vdubya63
Registered Member

vdubya63 has disabled reputation

Ha..Im going through this right now. We got a new inspector in my hampton area and hes a real asshole..I have 3 cars in my backyard of my house which I own. One usually stays in the garage the other two outside. The two that sitouside are my truck which is registered but not tagged and one of my sers which is registered tageed but not inspected.. He told me everythi9ng had to be hidden from view by a privacy fence or permanent bushes tht completly surround the vehicles.. I followed what he said the first time but then I did it again and not only did he tellme about the cars again but he came and inspected my garage and got me for rotting trim wood around the doors and rotting fascia boards. So needless to say I think I pissedhim off o well..Hes supposed to come back and inspect soon we will see what happens