Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

TURBO B20VTEC ??????

Old 03-24-2008, 03:22 AM
BAD4DR
Slowest HRC Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TURBO B20VTEC ??????

There is no one answer.
If you're running a T3/T04E 60 trim, with a Stage one, or small F series exhaust turbine, it's likely to be 10-12 psi tops.
Running a straight T3, like a Super 60, it's probably closer to 20+.
On a small turbo, rated at 200 - 250 hp or so, it's likely to be 32+ psi at the turbo outlet, maintaining 20+ at the intake.....

How much will it take? Well, it's generally accepted, that if it's tuned properly, about 300 hp, with a 7500 RPM redline. Getting a wider powerband would be the real key, as almost every Honda I've seen has a curve that rises to redline. It helps to know trans ratios, shift points, and where it's going to fall to. That allows you to develop a setup that makes more useable power. This is why I was very rarely worried about Honda's when I drove my SRT-4. As the nice gentleman in the RSX pushing 300 hp said - "I was almost even with him when it let go....." His reference was to a fellow SRT I knew, that was very equal with mine in track times. And, my street tires hooked up better than his. Granted, the RSX is not a Civic, but it is a K-series, making 30+ hp more than that SRT was, and the RSX is lighter than the SRT. Not to mention, the RSX-S has a 6-speed, with a 5:1+ Final Drive.....

Seriously dude, a safe # for most on a B20, is a T3/T04E at 12 psi.
If you're serious about it, you could make sure you have a good intercooler, good cast turbo manifold, meth injection, a slightly undersized series of the T3/T04E, like the 50 trim, with a .63 A/R Stage3 Exhaust, and put down 20+ psi without any problems.... Of course, the curve will look horrible, but it'll have a lot of boost, and great peak #'s....