Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

idle issues

Old 05-10-2008, 02:22 PM
phreakvbhc
Go Hard or Go Home

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these parts
Default erratic idle.... help plz

alright so i've got an ls swapped ef with an idling issue... this morning i started my car, everything sounded normal but my rpms were way too high... about 5000. the motor was idling normally but the tach jumping all over the place. i waited for it to reach operating temp and revved it and it corrected itself...so i thought. i jumped on the interstate and when i shifted from 3rd to 4th, my tach pegged itself out then returned back to the norm. it proceeded to do this off and on... i've talked to a couple people and they tell me it could be the distributor or possibly the tach itself.... any feedback would be appreciated. thanks

Last edited by phreakvbhc; 05-10-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:50 PM
phreakvbhc
Go Hard or Go Home

phreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these partsphreakvbhc is infamous around these parts
Default Re: idle issues

anyone?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:44 PM
ChokolAwt
Registered Member

ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt

do you have to deal with emissions? if so, make sure all the hoses are routed properly...

an idle that's too high (5 grand?!) is quite odd.... are your tps wires routed right?
Old 05-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Hondas_Only
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

is the ENGINE operation bouncing around or is it just the display on the tach? is the operation of the car normal despite the readings? your description is kinda vague in that respect. please clarify.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:59 PM
thermal
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

^I'm with Damien.... you need to clarify.....
Old 05-12-2008, 04:33 PM
phreakvbhc
Go Hard or Go Home

engine operation is normal despite the readings.... hence my thinking the tach could be at fault
Old 05-12-2008, 04:35 PM
phreakvbhc
Go Hard or Go Home

Originally Posted by ChokolAwt
do you have to deal with emissions? if so, make sure all the hoses are routed properly...

an idle that's too high (5 grand?!) is quite odd.... are your tps wires routed right?
all wires and hoses are routed correctly, as i checked them with shopkey diagrams. i assume the actual idle speed is normal, but the tach is reading 5 grand during cold start
Old 05-12-2008, 04:38 PM
gsr-turd
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

sounds like your tach. mine does it sometimes well never bounces over what it is but will work and not work.

try different tach( like new cluster)
Old 05-12-2008, 04:47 PM
phreakvbhc
Go Hard or Go Home

im thinkin the same thing... i currently have a JDM cluster so tomorrow im gonna try puttin my uber tach in lol...damn the blinding light... if that doesn't fix it then i guess i'll swap the whole cluster out... anyone wanna sell me an EF cluster
Old 05-12-2008, 07:09 PM
thermal
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

there is a piece inside the distributor that sends this signal out.... I cant remember what it's called.... somebody here will name it..... i think you should try that first. I just think that the gauge may only be responding a signal output.....