Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

JDM ITR seats vs, USDM ITR seats

Old 05-17-2008, 06:34 AM
elambz
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Re: JDM ITR seats vs, USDM ITR seats

I haven't been able to find anything solid, but it does seem thats correct.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:44 AM
NVMX-5

NVMX-5 has disabled reputation

yeah thats the thing about miata seats you can't put just any seat on there because of fitment issues. I've read that the recaro srd will fit but it's a tight fit and if the jdm itr are a little bigger then they might not fit. I've been looking for a good pair of seats for my miata for over a year now and still no luck.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:09 AM
elambz
<3

Originally Posted by NVMX-5
yeah thats the thing about miata seats you can't put just any seat on there because of fitment issues. I've read that the recaro srd will fit but it's a tight fit and if the jdm itr are a little bigger then they might not fit. I've been looking for a good pair of seats for my miata for over a year now and still no luck.
If theres a difference in the two SRDs, it would be that the JDM version is smaller.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:22 AM
NVMX-5

NVMX-5 has disabled reputation

if thats the case then that would be perfect i would recommend going with the JDM ITR cause it's cheaper and easier to find
Old 05-17-2008, 08:07 AM
JamesPrelude
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

The difference between the SRD and speed. Well the one that I've read on the ITR forums. is the length from the bottom of the seat to the front. But still waiting for those measurements.

I'm down with paying a bit of money for seats, those momo's you old me(NVMX-5), they're good and all, but one of the girls I was out with said it hurt her vagina to get out of, atm I just said she was doing it wrong hah. But yeah I just looked up those SRD's and they look almost the same as the ITR seats. Are they supposed to be the same seat or what?

Last edited by JamesPrelude; 05-17-2008 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:14 AM
elambz
<3

Originally Posted by JamesPrelude
The difference between the SRD and speed. Well the one that I've read on the ITR forums. is the length from the bottom of the seat to the front. But still waiting for those measurements.

I'm down with paying a bit of money for seats, those momo's you old me(NVMX-5), they're good and all, but one of the girls I was out with said it hurt her vagina to get out of, atm I just said she was doing it wrong hah. But yeah I just looked up those SRD's and they look almost the same as the ITR seats. Are they supposed to be the same seat or what?
The JDM ITRs are SRDs, but different material and are apparently slightly smaller than the USDM SRDs. Black JDM ITRs will run you over $1100 easy, the red ones you can find for $700-800 in decent condition. A set of yellow JDM ITR seats will run you about $2000.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:40 AM
JamesPrelude
FUCK!

JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude JamesPrelude

I was looking at the red ones, and they really are an eyesore. At least to me they are. I'll probably try to pick up the black ones but I also need to consider mounting. I fabricated my frames to fit the Momo's but I think they have one too many holes if I recut them for the Recaro's. Also I'm trying to put in a roll bar, which is another thing to consider. I don't want my head above that. Damn not being a regular 5 and a half foot Asian!
Old 05-17-2008, 03:27 PM
JamesPrelude
FUCK!

I thought a few people were gonna try and get those dimensions?