Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Jet Ski Parts?

Old 05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Ricer Rob
05 Kawi ZX6R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricer Rob has disabled reputation
Default Re: Jet Ski Parts?

Originally Posted by professorman
Yes, that's true. It was a pain in the arse to get out and put back in. I think Brownies charged me about $35-45 to rebuild mine. The bushings is what wears down. They replace all the wearable parts and its kicking like new again.
yea, wish it was just the bushing on mine. mine was rusted and corroded to all hell.. once i pulled it off and manually roatated it it spun like it was full of rocks. matter of fact it was so badly corroded that when i tried to pull the starter out the piece that sticks in the flywheel housing to make it water tight snapped off of the starter and is still stuck in the housing. I tried WD-40ing it and tapping with an extension and hammer and couldnt get the damned thing out. if you all had any tips on getting that out it'd be great .

Last edited by Ricer Rob; 05-07-2008 at 04:15 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:12 AM
professorman
yard man

professorman has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by B20B-T
yea, wish it was just the bushing on mine. mine was rusted and corroded to all hell.. once i pulled it off and manually roatated it it spun like it was full of rocks. matter of fact it was so badly corroded that when i tried to pull the starter out the piece that sticks in the flywheel housing to make it water tight snapped off of the starter and is still stuck in the housing. I tried WD-40ing it and tapping with an extension and hammer and couldnt get the damned thing out. if you all had any tips on getting that out it'd be great .
If you take it to a shop, I am sure they would be able to get it out for you. I could imagine that you could drill a hole in it, screw in a screw and use that to pull it out. Maybe a person with a shop could suggest something better. Also try PB Blaster to loosen it up.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Ricer Rob
05 Kawi ZX6R

Ricer Rob has disabled reputation

sweet, just found out my starter came in today.. gunna spray down the stuck piece with pb blaster and give it another shot, hopefully ill be riding it by the weekend.

Last edited by Ricer Rob; 05-07-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:43 PM
UnityRacing
Backyard Mechanic!

UnityRacing has disabled reputation

Did you ever get your ski running again ?
I have rebuilt a few polaris skis. Im dropping a 1200cc FI motor into an 02 Virage (was a 700cc carb model).
Wish I had seen this eariler, I have like 3-4 starters just chillin as spares. (among other parts if you need them)