Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B20 into EF axle clearance?

Old 05-15-2008, 03:13 AM
xeno
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute
B20 into EF axle clearance?

i just droped a b20b into my 1990 crx si and the driversside axle the one with the halfshaft looks like the axle is to long but i read somewhere that your supposed to take all the rubber dust gaurds off the halfshaft for the extra clearance? anyone know anything about this?>thanks<
Old 05-15-2008, 06:25 AM
xeno
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B20 into EF axle clearance?

DAMNIT someone say something dont just look do i need to take the rubber dust covers off the halfshaft for the extra room for the axle? also my car is lowered on sportsline springs ..? can i have it lowered with that heavy b20 in it ?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:01 AM
superls92
Registered Member

superls92 is an unknown quantity at this point

are you using axles from a 90-93 integra?
Old 05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
xeno
Registered Member

OK i think i read that article wrong it says to make sure to take the dust gaurd off the knuckle im guessing thats the part that got the brake caliber on it so the rubber is on the inside of that/>??? dunno what the hell they mean "knuckle" ... SHIT FIX MY CAR
Old 05-19-2008, 05:25 AM
xeno
Registered Member

aight let me put this a different way who's good with suspension work here? ill help you and pay you if you can fix my car before me lol
Old 05-19-2008, 07:08 PM
jfish360
Love to Crx

jfish360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you on crxcommunity.com? If so post up there. All i can say is you probably got the wrong axles. You never answered the dudes question earlier are you using 90-93 axles non abs? Also what tranny are you using because that makes a diffrence on what axles u need. The B series engines all way like 75-100 lbs more so its the same as having some person or weight in ur your car. So can u have you car lowered with a little extra weight SURE!

As for the dust ring its on the hub where the axle goes in. I never had to do that because someone already took it off when i bough new hubs. So just look there. Post up on crxcommunity someone will help you by tommorrow im sure.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:13 PM
jfish360
Love to Crx

jfish360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here id suggest still joining that this site though because its way better asking these kinds of questions there then here, (retards here). http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=13024
Old 05-30-2008, 06:11 AM
xeno
Registered Member

DONE CLOSE THREAD PLEASE :-) THANKS FOR THE SITE MAN