Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

my girl just locked the keys in her car

Old 06-12-2008, 05:41 AM
tomurphjr
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: my girl just locked the keys in her car

Originally Posted by CTR
yeah, no spare key. lol. well after she dropped me off at school, she locked her keys in the car while at a gas station. she calls me and i start researching on a solution. I first tell her to try calling the police, however, apparently they sell a tool at the gas station for $16 that is used for opening car doors! WTF?!?! i couldnt believe they sell some shit like that. well she had a couple of guys try to use this tool and get the car unlocked. first some old white guy tried to do it and straight fucked up the weather strips and seals ($60-70+) and scratched the hell out the paint at the top of the door ($$$$). i mean straight fucked it. about 12 inches of scraped off paint.

heres the funny part. some asian dude came and helped her. from what she tells me, he seemed to know exactly what he was doing. and got it opened pretty quick. LOL.

but yeah, thanks for all the info guys. i just thought i would bring some closure to this thread.
What I've done in the past. Go to the dealer with you're VIN and they can cut a key for you, just make sure you bring you're insurance card and your DL so they can verify it's your car. I understand that won't work if you are stranded, but if you can get there they will do it for the price of the key.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:43 AM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by tomurphjr
What I've done in the past. Go to the dealer with you're VIN and they can cut a key for you, just make sure you bring you're insurance card and your DL so they can verify it's your car. I understand that won't work if you are stranded, but if you can get there they will do it for the price of the key.
My keys cost more than pop-a-lock...
Old 06-12-2008, 05:46 AM
tomurphjr
Registered member

tomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
My keys cost more than pop-a-lock...
And so does mine, but that doesn't mean my advice wouldn't work for "someone"
Plus you get the reassurance that the "pop-a-lock" person won't mess anything up because you will be using a key.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:59 AM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by tomurphjr
And so does mine, but that doesn't mean my advice wouldn't work for "someone"
Plus you get the reassurance that the "pop-a-lock" person won't mess anything up because you will be using a key.
It was just a statement... Don't get your panties in a bunch. I have an extra set of keys to my car that sit at home in safe place. Then again... I don't lock my keys in the car.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:59 AM
_crs
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

Me and this older Filipino guy used to work for Navy MP. When ever one of those dumbs bastids locked the keys in the patrol car we would race to see who would open it first

He beat me like 15-3 or something like that in the span of 3yrs. He was in his late 40's just gettting ready to retire lol. Good times Glad to see it got unlocked...sux about the damages though
Old 06-15-2008, 11:32 PM
banned_user
Registered Member

banned_user is an unknown quantity at this point

bump key & a dildo