Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Socketing Service

Old 06-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Chris95GST
Go hokies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris95GST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Socketing Service

I'm going to install DSMlink on my Eclipse and needed to get my ECU socketed. I would just do it through DSMlink themselves, but for some reason they are not taking any orders June 14-24 and I need this done ASAP (someone stole my SAFC so my car is down). Anyone know where I can get this done in the 757 area. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:36 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Socketing Service

im not sure if fabrik8 is still in the area, but he socketed my ecu and did a super good job and did it really fast. that dude is great for anything ecu related. if for some reason he doesnt know, he knows someone that does. But im sure you can go to one of the known shops around the area, dont know how long youll be waiting though. there has to be an individual on this board who does it.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I live in Colorado now (actually I'm in the OBX this week, but going home tomorrow) so I don't deal with that stuff much anymore.

There are other people around that can do it for you though. The sockets for DSM ECUs are completely different than Honda stuff, but socketing people should have the stuff to do those too.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:12 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I live in Colorado now (actually I'm in the OBX this week, but going home tomorrow) so I don't deal with that stuff much anymore.

dont think thats gonna stop me from asking you to do my next ecu, ahha. ill ship that shit. youve helped me in the past and did great work so i thought id reccomend ya, but have a good time in the outerbanks this week.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

What if I told you I don't have access to the tools I need because I have an engineering job instead of a technician job? I play with different ECUs at work now, no socketing required. Flash programmable over CANBus. And no, we don't do aftermarket, nice try.

I haven't touched a Honda ECU in about 3 years. Odd, but true.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Chris95GST
Go hokies

Chris95GST is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fabrik8

There are other people around that can do it for you though. The sockets for DSM ECUs are completely different than Honda stuff, but socketing people should have the stuff to do those too.
Know who any of these people/shops might be I've called around and so far no luck for the DSM ECU.