Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

WIRING/CUSTOM PIPING

Old 06-18-2008, 08:15 AM
basketthis69
All stock. No modify

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
basketthis69 has disabled reputation
Default Re: WIRING/CUSTOM PIPING

Originally Posted by Sedan Man stan
I put the engine in his car.......

but somebody installed the chip incorrectly in the computer and I'm pretty sure that its fried the chip. I've given him advice.

The best site is Fourthgenhatch.com btw, also. You gave him Incorrect advice. If you knew what you were talking about, you would know the Si harness won't just plug up.
I think he was just suggesting rather than saying that's the way it is. OP was obviously asking everyone else for some kind of help since the person that did the engine swap couldn't figure it out. No need to get offensive toward other people suggesting solutions....
Old 06-18-2008, 08:19 AM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by basketthis69
I think he was just suggesting rather than saying that's the way it is. OP was obviously asking everyone else for some kind of help since the person that did the engine swap couldn't figure it out. No need to get offensive toward other people suggesting solutions....

I was doing the wiring on the EF. I could figure it out, but so many variables come into play. The distributors coil is probably fried and the ecu chip was installed incorrectly so he and I were switching a few of the possible problem wires around, but I can't keep traveling to deep creek now that I have this 4mpg truck and other "conflicting issues".

Good luck spud.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:24 PM
LookSTK
Chirp Chirp.....

LookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these parts

yes im the one who put the chip in backwords....i screwed up......
Old 06-18-2008, 12:27 PM
LookSTK
Chirp Chirp.....

LookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these partsLookSTK is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Sedan Man stan
I was doing the wiring on the EF. I could figure it out, but so many variables come into play. The distributors coil is probably fried and the ecu chip was installed incorrectly so he and I were switching a few of the possible problem wires around, but I can't keep traveling to deep creek now that I have this 4mpg truck and other "conflicting issues".

Good luck spud.
Mike knows his shit...and has helped me a lot with this swap....so every1 sayin this and that doesnt know what there talkin about obviously.....I do appreciate the help and website info....Getting a new dizzy tomorrow and taking chip out, just gotta get re chipped on chrome but hopefully it will start without chrome tune
Old 06-21-2008, 04:50 AM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

I got my Crome working again. I will re-burn another chip, but I have to finish my car now first. The Truck won't start and my car isn't finished yet, so I may be able to come out later in the week.