Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

New here and hope to stay.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu
Default Re: New here and hope to stay.

Well, like they say, it's all a matter of when you go down. Not if. Thankfully it was a slow speed and not a major accident. Good to see that you're in the habit of wearing your gear. I've seen more people in shorts, tshirt, and low-top sneakers than anything in this area. Just chalk it up to experience. Keep that shiny side up.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:18 AM
tech0937

tech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bseriesbenny
welcome man! im just as new as you are! havent been able to get into a class yet but been practicing some up and down my street. i just got my permit yesterday and in the midst of getting gear. i have no clue why i waited so long either to start riding its a blast.
Welcome man, glad to see I'm not the only new rider here I hear ya on the class. They fill up quick!! I signed up at the harley davidsons off fredricksburg. They seem to have more available slots then TCC, check them out But definitley take the class. I learned so much there. I didn't know how much I didn't know until that class hope to see ya around.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:22 AM
tech0937

tech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud oftech0937 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Neo Xian Wu
Well, like they say, it's all a matter of when you go down. Not if. Thankfully it was a slow speed and not a major accident. Good to see that you're in the habit of wearing your gear. I've seen more people in shorts, tshirt, and low-top sneakers than anything in this area. Just chalk it up to experience. Keep that shiny side up.
Yeah I just don't understand it, why people don't protect themselves. Maybe they didn't take the MSF course? I see the same thing everytime I'm out driving.... t shirts or tank tops and shorts. I've gotten a few strange looks for wearing gear in hot weather, but I don't care. Because it save my joints thanks for the welcome
Old 09-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Yeah, my friends give me shit for having my SMX-4 boots and riding gloves. They suggested getting Mechanics gloves and some of those Puma "race" shoes... They don't have bikes, so I guess they won't understand. I just recently purchased a leather jacket (I was wearing a hoody, since I didn't have a proper jacket) and that will be my main until I pick up another for when conditions call for it. I mean, I didn't have a riding jacket, but I still got myself into the habit of putting SOMETHING on as opposed to leaving my arms completely exposed.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:22 AM
TheGreatLean

TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean

damn mang.

Not a good start..... but at least you got that out of the way.
So, what are the damages to the bike.
still ridable? take a close look at the rim, see if there are any damages, if so, point it out to the adjuster. bent lip, dent in the rim, bent wheel, and so on.
if you don't know what to look for, then point out to the adjuster where the car hit you.

When I get back, we'll ride. I'll be sporting a different bike when I get back to VA.

btw, from what I've seen here in Missouri, less than 5% ride with proper gear and 75% of all bikers ride with shorts on.
glad to see a lot of people on this forum with some sense.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:53 PM
tech0937

great to hear from ya man! Yeah definitely not a great start. But you're right I'm glad i got the 1st one out of the way. So what will you be riding when you get back? As for my bike its a little scratched up on the right side, muffler is scratched but it seems ok. I rode it home but I guess we'll see when the adjuster comes to look at it.