Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need some help.

Old 09-25-2008 | 07:07 AM
83Stang5.0
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0
Default Re: Need some help.

Originally Posted by QuickSilverWR
just because i dont know a trim package name for an acura means i dont know anything about automobiles? you're an idiot. IMO knowing the year and engine type is more helpful than a trim package. but since you are so "knowledgeable and well rounded" i suppose you can go help this kid. i guess since i am into jeeps and 4x4s, that means i cant diagnose and engine.
You'd probably be better off helping on a jeep or 4x4 site. As I said, this is mostly a honda site just because of sheer numbers. If you don't know what "DA" means, then you won't be able to offer much input.

And I'm glad you can look at my profile, though voltmeter and water temp guages arent very much to look at, they serve their purpose on a 83 that was wired for a completely different setup. KTHXBAI2U
Old 09-25-2008 | 08:58 AM
QuickSilverWR
Registered Member

QuickSilverWR has disabled reputation

oh i didnt know there were requirements for this site as to being able to dish out honda help. i'll read the fine print next time i sign up for an auto forum. i dont know how i missed the "you must know all the honda trim packages to give any help on this auto forums".
Old 09-25-2008 | 09:03 AM
joshuaa3
Registered Member

joshuaa3 has disabled reputation

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/aos/
Old 09-25-2008 | 09:46 AM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn

^ how is he going to get it to advanced auto for them to test it. also he said he doesnt really know how to test the spark.

PS: OR, it would help if you posted any info about your car....what year, kind of car, what engine etc etc

Most people have friends that they can catch a ride with. Some people even have two cars. And if all else fails http://www.yellowcab.com/............

Oh yea and I just want to give you a big for all of your useful post so far. Good job

Last edited by UrGrlGveMeDkBrn; 09-25-2008 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-25-2008 | 11:35 AM
varocktoy
Engineer

varocktoy has disabled reputation

oh i didnt know there were requirements for this site as to being able to dish out honda help. i'll read the fine print next time i sign up for an auto forum. i dont know how i missed the "you must know all the honda trim packages to give any help on this auto forums".
Jesus FAWK your a tard! Hard headed kids like you are the reason why VAdriven sux.
Old 09-25-2008 | 06:43 PM
tmvfan
Registered Member

tmvfan is an unknown quantity at this point

where are you from, like the beach, norfolk, the county?

im not gonna be much help, i could give you a ride or something if your in the county, and i would let you use my basic tools, but thats about it.

but i figured if you let everyone know where you were from maybe someone real local will come take a look with ya, people tend to help if its not to much trouble for them.

Good luck anyways.

Last edited by tmvfan; 09-25-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2008 | 08:24 PM
kwint
Registered Member

kwint has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by tmvfan
where are you from, like the beach, norfolk, the county?

im not gonna be much help, i could give you a ride or something if your in the county, and i would let you use my basic tools, but thats about it.

but i figured if you let everyone know where you were from maybe someone real local will come take a look with ya, people tend to help if its not to much trouble for them.

Good luck anyways.
Thanks, but I managed to fix it. Then later on, drove through a massive puddle and almost hydrolocked my engine...stupid flooding...
Old 09-25-2008 | 11:42 PM
slowMR2
oh sol slow

slowMR2 is a jewel in the roughslowMR2 is a jewel in the roughslowMR2 is a jewel in the rough

just incase it happens again. see if when you turn your car "on" not start, does your check engine light stay on or come on the turn off. if it stays on more then likly its you pgmfi relay. which is found under the dash right to the driver side of the stearing colom. pull it out tap with med force intill the CEL goes off and start the car. if thats the problem then you need a new relay