Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Remote Start

Old 09-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Mumblz
FT-86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mumblz Mumblz Mumblz Mumblz Mumblz Mumblz Mumblz Mumblz Mumblz Mumblz Mumblz
Default Re: Remote Start

Originally Posted by AyJay
wow you guys are stupid lol. I never leave my car in gear. I know technically that is the thing to do, but if you have remote start, ughhhh, dur dur dur.
Forgot I had it in gear when I jacked the car up. By the time I autostarted the car I realized it, then to late... Over the bush. One time it was on gravel, but it just spun tires (good thing to, was parked behind a friends lexus suv). I heard there was liability issues when u sell the car with it. Not sure though.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Mumblz
FT-86

Originally Posted by maddnotes
DEI actually makes a part now that will not allow the car to remote start unless something is done before you get out of the car. Its a series of putting on the parking brake and taking the car out of gear. If this series is not completed before exiting the car it will not remote start when you try to do it. Most people dont want to do this because it is kind of a hassle when getting out of the car just so you can hit a button to start it up. But if this isnt a problem I know we have them at Auto Sound & Security give us a call 757-420-1783.
Seems like a smart investment to make if you have Autostart on a manual. Don't have to worry if you forgot to take it out of gear. Info please, I have the Viper 2-way alarm installed in a 99 civic Si.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:16 PM
maddnotes
Registered Member

maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes maddnotes

The part number on it is 689M and it is a Neutral Safety module made by DEI or Directed. They make the Viper alarms so the two are compatable. We have done a few cars and they work really well. There is no way to remote start the car if it is in gear with this installed. Here's the website of the owners manual http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...sers_Guide.pdf

Last edited by maddnotes; 09-30-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Mumblz
FT-86

if you could, please pm me the pricing on a unit and also labor