Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

why does my freinds car sound like a wrx?

Old 10-22-2008, 09:43 PM
00civicman
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts
Default Re: why does my freinds car sound like a wrx?

i think its the wrong distributor because the y8 is obd2 and the z6 is obd1 i believe it would still bolt up but its probably why the car sounds like crap
Old 10-24-2008, 02:41 PM
jaydmdc2
Registered Member

jaydmdc2 has disabled reputation

so we put the right dizzy on it now(from a 94 civic dx) we started it up and still sound like a huge misfire. i know it's something up with the cam timing but i don't understand what were doing wrong. ok took the timing belt off and aligned cam up mark up and put crank pulley at tdc everything lines up perfectly with that. but the problem is when we go to check his timing the three marks are not were there suppose to be, there like a inch away from the pointer on the timing belt cover towards the firewall with the dizzy all the way forward towards the bumper. i now something is still not right anyone got any suggestions on what im doing wrong. is there something special you have to do on the y8 i know on the a6 you have to put the cam gear one tooth off for it be right. is there anything special like that that i have to do
Old 10-25-2008, 09:41 AM
eXploited
got 7.62?

eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited eXploited

Bent valve..
Old 10-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Gixx
Registered Member

Gixx has disabled reputation

with my friends teg it was just one of the sparkplug wires coming off the distributer. we fixed it by bending the teeth on the wire with pliers to hold on better ......hope yours is that simple
Old 10-27-2008, 04:38 AM
zErrixGTR
HF rex in the w0rkz

zErrixGTR is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm tellin u man... try using a different ECU.

just my two cents :\
Old 10-27-2008, 04:18 PM
9civic5
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

I bet it's the ignition coil.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:10 AM
95ex14psi
Registered Member

95ex14psi is an unknown quantity at this point

its not the ignition coil because its a brand new one on the motor now
Old 10-30-2008, 05:44 AM
Hatch Man(GsR)
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

The car is misfiring, check your compression. (if it is low all the way acros the board, your cam timing is likely off.) If it differs by more than 15% between two cylinders you have either bad rings, bent valves, or broken ring lands.

Check to make sure you have spark at each cylinder.

If compression is good, and spark is present, you do not have fuel at the cylinder which is misfiring.

Last edited by Hatch Man(GsR); 10-31-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:29 AM
9civic5
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 95ex14psi
its not the ignition coil because its a brand new one on the motor now
Well damn. I had the same problem once and that's what it was. Good luck, then!