Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

German Repair Shops in the Area

Old 11-03-2008, 11:51 AM
JJSpinALot
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default Re: German Repair Shops in the Area

Originally Posted by Murder by Death
If they're charging $2,300, it's pretty hard. Assume $300 for parts, $2,000 labor, even at $130/hr (which I will assume is much higher than their rate,) would be 15 hours.

Somewhere in there, it gets difficult. Our V6 timing belt/waterpump jobs are 5.3 hours.
time and difficulty do not always go together. Cutting grass is easy but cutting 10acres would take a long time without being any harder.
Anyways if other dealers are charging 1700 you need to find out the exact book hours and then call an Audi rep and ask why this certain dealer is going over the hours because I doubt their hourly rate is any higher.

Last edited by JJSpinALot; 11-03-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:06 PM
The Wok
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Originally Posted by JJCrushALot
time and difficulty do not always go together. Cutting grass is easy but cutting 10acres would take a long time without being any harder.
Anyways if other dealers are charging 1700 you need to find out the exact book hours and then call an Audi rep and ask why this certain dealer is going over the hours because I doubt their hourly rate is any higher.
Yea, that makes sense when you're doing the exact same task on a larger scale.

When talking about timing belts, not so much. There's a significant difference between one that pays 5 hours and one that pays 15. By your logic, they're just paying you because you have to remove and install it three times...
Old 11-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

What many of you don't understand is that a dealership can charge whatever they want to do a job. There is nothing set in stone for what they "should" charge a customer for a repair except warranty work. The manufacturer dictates that. Book hours means nothing because if you look at Mitchell, Chilton, All Data, or other programs like ADP's SSPS they all will be different. An Audi rep probably won't be of any help because they do not influence the customer pay pricing of a particular dealership. They are there to resolve customer issues and concerns dealing with warranty repairs on their vehicles.

If you disagree with what they charge, shop around and see what you can find. However, keep in mind that the cheapest may not always be the best.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:44 PM
GripSpec
Registered member

GripSpec has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
thats a great idea. I just called them. that labor rate is excellent and have heard good things about them. The guy was really nice and said he'd call back with a price quote tomorrow. Thanks for sparking my memory on that.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Strychnine
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

There's a place on Brook Rd between the Wawa and State Police station near 295. Forgot the name of it but I'll find out tomorrow when I drive by it. The shop isn't very big or much to look at, but I've heard they do good work.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:01 AM
Niburu
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

GripSpec you have pm
Old 11-08-2008, 03:20 PM
325xiboy
bmw enthusiast

325xiboy has disabled reputation

go to the import autohuas in innsbrook, they'll take care of you there, i've been going there for all of my bmw problems for some time now and they do excellent work plus the service is great..

edit: when i say some time, i mean years...
Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM
325xiboy
bmw enthusiast

325xiboy has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JJCrushALot
i have had good and bad dealings with import auto haus. the employees were very rude every time i went there and they acted like i was bothering them giving them work. they seem to be knowledgeable though.
i dont know how they are with audis i took them my old porsche. a car is a car though.
should have went to the one in innsbrook, the owner of the store owns many porsche's i'm sure he wouldn't have done you wrong.