Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS Swap in EF HELP!!

Old 12-19-2008, 11:58 PM
civic4lyfe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic4lyfe has disabled reputation
Default LS Swap in EF HELP!!

ok i basically have everything besides the wire harness and shift linkages.... i know i need a obd0 to a obd1 wire harness but im not sure. can someone please tell me or verify to me on what wire harness i should get that would fit perfect in my car.... another question is what is a mpfi?...
Old 12-20-2008, 10:18 AM
MajorsEF
Banned

MajorsEF will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LS Swap in EF HELP!!

Well first you need to know what year this B18 is. If its OBD0 then you can use your current harness and would just have to convert to mpfi. If its a OBD1 motor then you would have to change some plugs, such as the distributor plugs. MPFI= multi port fuel injection. Your car comes from the factory with 2 injectors, which is DPFI, dual port. When you convert to MPFI you manually wire in two(2) more injectors. If your on a budget you can do all this wiring yourself. If your not on a budget then you can get a harness from Rywire. I brought one from them, its great. It will run you about 500$ for everything you need. I recommend you convert to OBD1 while your doing all this. If you go the Rywire route, it will include the OBD0-1 ecu jumper, and OBD1 engine harness. Good Luck
Old 12-20-2008, 11:14 PM
civic4lyfe
Registered Member

civic4lyfe has disabled reputation

its a 92 LS Block so i think it is a obd1... hey by any chance do u have for sale anything like the shift linkages i need?...
Old 12-21-2008, 12:24 AM
MajorsEF
Banned

MajorsEF will become famous soon enough

nope sold it..sorry. and yes if its a 92 then it is obd1 so you have a lot of wiring to do. convert everything to obd1. if i remember correctly all you need to change is the dizzy plugs, and buy the obd0-1 jumper from boomslang/rywire/ebay...wherever