Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Must know B Series... will pay

Old 02-27-2009, 02:27 PM
94pgt-ze
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94pgt-ze 94pgt-ze 94pgt-ze 94pgt-ze
Default Re: Must know B Series... will pay

i was saying yes i hate hondas but if someone does need help i will be kind and do what is needed to get the car back on the road. look at mechanics they hate some cars but fix them to make you happy. i have fixed a few b series engines with the same problems and i have those guys call me all the time to help them out. they take care of me i take care of them.

and just cause i hate your car dont mean im going to let you walk to the store to go buy food when you have a dd that needs a little help.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:20 PM
b16EFsedan
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

maybe the extra plug is the egr plug????
Old 02-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Hatch Man(GsR)
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

PM sent.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:00 AM
-JB-
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

I'd help you if I was closer. More then likely you have a vac leak.

Switching the plugs around on the TPS and IACV will usually cause the car to idle rough and fall on it's face shutting off.

Erratic Idle where the idle bounces up and down will usually be caused my the IACV being bad or the TPS being bad.

High Idle like yours most likely is a vacuum leak. Spray brake cleaner around the gasket areas and see if the idle goes down. If the motor tries to die then you found your leak.

Also if you have air bubbles in your coolant this can cause your problems to. I would bleed the system also.

Thats everything to do with idle. Make sure your throttle body cable isn't to tight or stuck open.

I assume your ECU is find and working since you didn't have this problem before the intake swap.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:51 AM
8====D
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

Ok im 99% sure its the pvc... when i did the swap.. it broke the pvc and thought it was just a coolent line so I made some getto crap that I now found out is leaking coolent and didnt have a pvc on there... so sure thats what it is
Old 02-28-2009, 01:14 PM
sohc_mshue
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by dorko
i suggest checking your IACV and your IAT switch them and see if it helps.

i've done that before.

is this OBD0 or obd1?
This is a bad idea. I'm not sure what will happen to an obd0 ecu, but this will immediately fry a transistor in an obd1 ecu when you turn the power on. I highly doubt its the iacv making it idle that high. Normally I would say throttle plate, but since its not that I would check the throttle body gasket and intake manifold gasket. A bad fitv will also cause a way high idle. Its the valve located on the underside of the throttle body.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:00 PM
8====D
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

I was told the FIT could be removed on a B16
Old 02-28-2009, 07:00 PM
b16EFsedan
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

will you sell or trade the car???????i think you had a thread for it befor........the way it sits
Old 02-28-2009, 11:09 PM
8====D
Its a Man part.

Pm'ed