Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

PROJECT GUERILLA : PART DEUX

Old 03-28-2009 | 02:44 PM
fatboyee
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation
Default PROJECT GUERILLA : PART DEUX

Got by the parents' place today to get a jump on things before the rain started coming down. Pulled the pedals out of my 85 (PITA) and got it in the 89. Was then able to get the master cyl remounted and dash installed without TOO much trouble.

I then broke out the plasma cutter and fabbed up a rear seat firewall (to keep the tech inspectors off my ass about the blow down tube). Also made a patch to cover the hole where the 4speed/5speed shifters were. Pulled the seats from the 85 and got everything laid in temporarily. Still need to buy a new carpet and get it laid in.

enjoy:

next is rear suspension, fuel system, ignition, gauges, and then i can get started on the engine/trans/exhaust.
Old 03-28-2009 | 03:33 PM
evan matthews
Registered member

evan matthews has disabled reputation
Default Re: PROJECT GUERILLA : PART DEUX

Looking nice!
Old 03-29-2009 | 05:09 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Man, I could have done that pedal swap for you with my eyes closed lol Got to be pretty good at it when we did those swaps a couple years ago. This is going to be a fun season.
Old 03-29-2009 | 05:21 PM
fatboyee
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

it wasn't bad, other than leaning over the rollbar to get under the dash as a contorsionist (sp?). and all the wires i had running through the dash of the 85.

i was able to get the uca's and bushings changed out (PAIN IN THE DICK!),shocks, as well as swapping over the fuel tank and feed/return lines.

best part is: for the most part, swapping parts from one car to another- and back is over. that's where all my damn time has been gettin burned up.

should be able to just pound the rest of this out and have this pig running in another couple weekends.