Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Blower motor?? HELP

Old 04-01-2009, 08:40 AM
efhatchlover
Member is Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
efhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond reputeefhatchlover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blower motor?? HELP

ok. so I get in the car yesterday....heat or ac will not blow....checked the Fuse, it was blown, replaced it, still nothing....it was blown again...everytime I put a new fuse in it (I believe its a size 15) it will just blow it when i turn the heat or ac on...

Its a 1990 Accord LX 4Dr, 5sp.

240k miles.

Also wondering if anyone knows where to pick up a Throttle Position Sensor for it...
Old 04-01-2009, 10:15 AM
radiaki11
Registered Member

radiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond reputeradiaki11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blower motor?? HELP

heres a link to a TPS sensor , lifetime warranty . they dont sell them from honda or anywhere , you have to buy a complete TB . only ones that i know of to buy new are the yonaka in the link below . and then omni sell's TPS sensors for honda/acura's too

http://www.statracing.com/buy/yonaka...ion-sensor.asp
Old 04-01-2009, 10:17 AM
B-Well
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

replace the blower motor, could be bad/warn out brushes in there just sparking away. be thankful that fuse kept blowing and you still have a car.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Unplug the connector on the blower. Then see if the fuse blows. You may have a problem completely unrelated to the blower itself. Don't just randomly replace stuff until you actually find out that it's not working properly. You'd feel stupid if you got a new blower and then ended up actually having a short in the wiring or something like that.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:25 PM
SPAWN
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Unplug the connector on the blower. Then see if the fuse blows. You may have a problem completely unrelated to the blower itself. Don't just randomly replace stuff until you actually find out that it's not working properly. You'd feel stupid if you got a new blower and then ended up actually having a short in the wiring or something like that.
agreed...+rep