Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Are you a specific out put (horsepower/liter) fanboy? You think OHV is archaic?

Old 05-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Reloaded
nortaP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded
Default Re: Are you a specific out put (horsepower/liter) fanboy? You think OHV is archaic?

Horsepower per liter is a pretty stupid measurement of anything. It's just a feel good factor touted by Sport Compact Car almost a decade ago to make the Honda crowd feel good about losing races in slow cars.

I know some feelings are going to get hurt by this but its total LULZ to me

Say you wanted a performance car.

You could get a 385hp 2001 C5 Corvette Z06
EPA says 19mpg city / 28 mpg highway

Or you could get a 240hp 2005 S2000
EPA says 20mpg cit / 25mpg highway

The C5 is faster in every conceivable category. The S2000 has, well HP per liter. Less power, no real gain on fuel economy. You can't even make the power to weigh arguement, the Z06 was packing 1 hp for evey 8.09lbs while the S2000 had 1hp for every 11.67lbs.

And yes the Ford 4.6 was a big ass engine compared to the 5.0. Most DOHC V8s are pretty large. Check out a Toyota or Nissan sometime, they're huge.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:24 AM
MIGHTYMOUSE
the baddest assed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE
Default Re: Are you a specific out put (horsepower/liter) fanboy? You think OHV is archaic?

I am totally calculating the volume of my longblock next time i have a bath.