Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

looking for some help on my 3g accord

Old 06-13-2009, 05:56 AM
I_R_5m4r7
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I_R_5m4r7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default looking for some help on my 3g accord

ok so this accord just aint workin for me. i went from a 4g63 powered 6th gen galant that had about 150 hp to this little POS. i need MORE POWAH lol. i decided when i first bought it that would never ever be one of those "oh i got this accord with a engine swap" yada yada yada, but now after driving it for about a month i see why most honda guys swap out motors...cuz stock blows ass lol. what kinda motor will swap into a 3g accord (i have an 89 lxi) and what would be the best to get to mod? i wanna go as cheap as possible on this so dont be like "buy all kinds of sweet jdm goodness cuz its the shit" i dont have the time or money for that. i saw an f23a1 in the FS section for 300 bux. is it worth it to grab that and swap it in? i read that this was the motor in the next gen accord after mine so i figure it wouldnt be too hard i suppose. just hit me with some wisdom i know hardly anythign about honda.
Old 06-13-2009, 06:18 AM
1slowxr4ti
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation
Default Re: looking for some help on my 3g accord

Originally Posted by I_R_5m4r7
ok so this accord just aint workin for me. i went from a 4g63 powered 6th gen galant that had about 150 hp to this little POS. i need MORE POWAH lol. i decided when i first bought it that would never ever be one of those "oh i got this accord with a engine swap" yada yada yada, but now after driving it for about a month i see why most honda guys swap out motors...cuz stock blows ass lol. what kinda motor will swap into a 3g accord (i have an 89 lxi) and what would be the best to get to mod? i wanna go as cheap as possible on this so dont be like "buy all kinds of sweet jdm goodness cuz its the shit" i dont have the time or money for that. i saw an f23a1 in the FS section for 300 bux. is it worth it to grab that and swap it in? i read that this was the motor in the next gen accord after mine so i figure it wouldnt be too hard i suppose. just hit me with some wisdom i know hardly anythign about honda.
your goin in the wrong direction. your driving the wrong kind of car even after the swap it will be slow.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:02 AM
83Stang5.0
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0
Default Re: looking for some help on my 3g accord

I think I told you all this before

The A and B series from that time, were very similar. Good luck in tracking down a set of Hasport mounts, but a B series is the best way to go. The F platform is for a different car, just drop that now. If you are serious about the work, start reading @ 3geez.com.