Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Exhaust on Automatics?

Old 07-16-2009, 12:05 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Exhaust on Automatics?

Originally Posted by Black_Man
to make this short and sweet, %1 or less, dsm's are reputable for that(2nd gens) regardless of your actually legit factoids. No one is mentioning 2jz's, srt-4's, or cobra's. YOU made this honda vs dsm, keep it that way. Also, you can't compare the mileage of a dsm block before it crankwalks to that of a honda, because frankly, they don't see that type of issue. ZING. And lets not get into longevity standards, this is honda we're talking about.

And i never argued that dsm's aren't well built. Anyone who knows anything about something knows that the 4g63 is a force to be reckoned with. That was my motive for purchasing my dsm. My complaints lie in the absolutely petty and sometimes unfathomable mechanical faults i found in the car. (i posted a thread in tech talk a while ago, when i was having issues). I won't go into the issues, but let's be honest. All cars have faults, some more than others. Actually, this site in particular, vfaq.com became my best friend for all of the wrong reasons.

On the grounds of user-error and previous owner douche-baggery, you have a vaild point. I can certainly agree that particular logic applies to any and every car. But there are some things that cannot be helped. Whether it be a dsm's crankwalk, leaky ecu capacitators, lifter tap, or whatever else, of those 3 listed..you never see them coming. Now i'm not saying honda's don't have their set of flaws, but other than the occasional lower control arm that wants to be stubborn when it's suspension is modified (in addition to 3rd gear wearing out, but that can happen with any car with excessive mileage)...what other flaw is there that would detract from a honda's overall reliability, in such a way that is similar to the dsm's issues that detract from its reputation for reliablility? that's the basis of this "conversation". Those that are knowledgeable chime in, no fan-boys allowed.

And if 9/20 hondas that make power are swapped, what about the other 11/20? It is possible to screw up a swap (and i'm sure that individual would never hear the end of it). But why are you introducing a swap as a variable into the equation? Stock or modified, IMHO, there is no comparison.

i'll be back later to finish my statement. Time to hit the books

You failed to present any valid counter to my arguments but I'll give you an A for effort.

and 9/20 was a typo. I meant 9/10.

It is easy to fuck up a swap, I know, I've seen it done plenty. Thing is, the guys that do, are too ignorant to realize it most of the time.