Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My Nissan powered MGB build **lots of pictures**

Old 09-30-2009, 07:10 PM
bowtie buster
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bowtie buster has disabled reputation
Default Re: My Nissan powered MGB build **lots of pictures**

cool project man. ive seen a mgb bug eyed sprint with a built 351w before and it was mini tubbed with a 9inch in the rear..... gotta love big power in small cars. good luck with the build.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:14 PM
M▲dh▲tter
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

rawsome
Old 10-01-2009, 08:25 AM
catfSSh
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

Everything looks good to me, going to be a fun car.

I just hope you don't have a radio, cause that metro alternator isn't going to hold much power.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 AM
ClassicJDMCars
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bowtie buster
ive seen a mgb bug eyed sprint
Those are 2 different cars. And the sprite is made by Austin Healy.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:30 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

looks good.. personally i wouldve gone with a sr20det swap.. more of a rreliable motor..wouldve been easier and fit better.. my dad thought about doing it to his old mgb.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

$5 for the Cher 8-track
Old 10-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

i have a 76 fiat sport spider that i've been dreaming of the time to do this to it. i love the car but hate the powertrain/brakes.

made 72rwhp on my dyno haha
Old 10-01-2009, 01:04 PM
atmdc
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

so how do you go about doing the wiring for swaps like these? I understand how you get the motor and ecu together, but what about things like the interior wiring? and the gauge cluster? you just play a matching game with a schematic and soldering iron?
Old 10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
RobertE
Function > Form

RobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to all

Originally Posted by atmdc
so how do you go about doing the wiring for swaps like these? I understand how you get the motor and ecu together, but what about things like the interior wiring? and the gauge cluster? you just play a matching game with a schematic and soldering iron?
I can't speak for everyone but for B's with Rover v8 swaps its not to difficult. Like you said the engine has its own ecu and a wiring harness can be bought from many vendors to work for the application. The interior wiring is the same. The speedometer will work accordingly if you use a Rover sd1 gearbox/correct ratio(the factory used this combo in v8 cars so its similar). It will need recalibration if using another gearbox such as the T5. The tachometer needs to be changed or re-calibrated (this might not be necessary if using another I4?). All other clusters should work.

I'm glad these swaps are catching on, the process isn't too complicated although I'll admit for a first build it was way too much for me initially. The cost isn't too dramatic either.. GM V6 swaps can be done for as little as 3k(Just find a donor s10/camaro). I've seen RV8 swaps done for under 8k that are very respectable.

The handling won't be compromised, you can actually move these motors back further than stock configuration and they're on average around 30-40lbs lighter.. My 5L RV8 weighs in around ~320lbs full dressed with fluids.

If you choose to go with the GM V6/RV8 you can expect something around 200bhp with a few modifications.. up to 300whp with a RV8 stroker.

Sorry I promise I'm not trying to hi-jack this thread haha. Just thought I'd share some knowledge about a subject I'm actually familiar with :P.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 PM
ILLEGAL
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

vey cool! The rattle can paint looks like a dead match too!