Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Odd question for people in hampton roads.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:12 AM
kick rox
vangorder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox
Default Re: Odd question for people in hampton roads.

Originally Posted by jbstewart02
Im gonna say it now and Im sure someone else will agree but thats to much bike for a new rider.
Can't say much because I started on a 600.... but I can say that I've definitely found out (not the REAL hard way, but) that you can get into trouble VERY quickly and even more so unexpectedly --- throw in the other factors outside of your control (other cars) and it just gets scary when you really think about it.

Best you can do is not ride like an idiot, and pay attention to others; but in the end that's still only 2/3rds of it all.

Again, OP -- Hang out in the neighborhood for a few weeks and then post back up, I'm sure someone might be willing to ride with you (just don't get too close, that'll make them leave you in a heart beat).

Last edited by kick rox; 11-06-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:54 AM
FairladyZTT
TRIED HIS GT!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT
Default Re: Odd question for people in hampton roads.

Originally Posted by llamaninja
Well I was riding out today with my mom's boyfriend. I would have been on this convo earlier but I was in my eng 112 class so I didnt get done till late afternoon. Also I am trying to cover all the parts that I noticed.

As for when I failed the class yes sadly it was the MSF class and I screwed up basically on the only part you SHOULDNT and CANT screw up on(I had never even touched a bike before the class). For some reason when making that large turn when I was breaking I had my hand on the clutch and I moved my left foot lightly. Causing me to shift the bike into n well I gave the bike gas in the turn only to notice that I rev the engine and figuring out what I did AFTER I looked down I grabbed the clutch and shifted to second but while looking down I took the turn slow causing me to go out some. Add that with the fact I slowed down in the turn (by being dumb). I also took too long in the turn and that is the only part you cant redo so yea I did my very own instant fail. What really got me I didnt have a problem with that turn UNTIL the test.

As for who I am looking to ride with I am just looking for someone to give pointers and ride around on the empty streets and if you think I am awful I dont mind riding around in a parking lot to show that I can do fine. I dont want to go all fast and be an idiot and get myself killed.
I just want to ride with someone that is safe on a bike and if you dont want to ride with me that is fine.

The reason I havent retaken the class is I am in college and well I worked at Busch Gardens and to get the bike and everything ended up costing me a lot of money I am planning to sign up for the class next weekend. If you want to ride with me after that it is fine, I just want to ride a bike safely.

Also I just noticed about that riding at night part... thanks for the heads up I didnt spot that on the dmv page about the permit.
I stand corrected..

I must say that your teacher must not have liked you at all... and I dont know how you managed to put your foot down on a reble 250... You should be able to stop for 5 minutes without putting your feet down on that bike. LOL...

I knew that the MSF course did a point system... but I thought it was like a graded thing... like an actual test. That was my understanding.

But yea.. you should be able to go back and take the class for free. I have heard alot of horror stories about the MSF coarse and people doing horrible jobs and passing. That is pretty amazing to hear of somebody that failed. But I am sure that it takes alot more than 2 points to fail that MSF course... You had to have done something else wrong...

I want to go and try to wheelie the Rebel 250... LOL...

OP... If your completely legal and close to Virginia Beach.. I will ride with ya man!!! As long as you have insurance and can fix my bike when you hit it.. LOL...