Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Moar Low? Audi content...

Old 11-26-2009 | 11:48 AM
keefboz
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz
Default Re: Moar Low? Audi content...

Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken
nope. CNMYTEG has the same coilovers on his e46 m3 and it is SLAMMED.

I wonder if this is the OP's first experience with coilovers? Good Brand choice, though.
It definately is my first experience, I heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 11-26-2009 | 12:29 PM
critt003
Registered member

critt003 has disabled reputation

I wonder if this is the OP's first experience with coilovers? Good Brand choice, though.

In the VW/Audi world the PSS's are known to not go low probably should have said that instead of sayin they all dont go low. I just know that 95 percent of people that put them on audi's or VW's dont get nearly as low as they thought they would with them. And slammed is relative i see people on here say oo my cars slammed and it really isnt that low not tryin to diss people or anything just in all honesty.
Old 11-26-2009 | 12:43 PM
TransAmWS6
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

LOL that thing wont even scrape the ground constantly while youre driving lololool fggt
Old 11-26-2009 | 12:43 PM
Corbzin
DITB-AHHH

Corbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these partsCorbzin is infamous around these parts

Wheres the after pics when its lower?
Old 11-26-2009 | 12:50 PM
Flinch
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

There really is no logical point to dumping a car, sure you get the VW kids beating their collective dicks when it tucks 5' of wheel and tire, but from a "performance" standpoint its completely absurd. Unless of course hard parking is your thing, then you need a lot moar low.

I personally would leave the height where it is, get some wider wheels and a lot more tire and rock on. I don't imagine you having ANY problems scraping.

Last edited by Flinch; 11-26-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-26-2009 | 01:02 PM
Fried_Chicken
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

Originally Posted by Flinch
There really is no logical point to dumping a car, sure you get the VW kids beating their collective dicks when it tucks 5' of wheel and tire, but from a "performance" standpoint its completely absurd. Unless of course hard parking is your thing, then you need a lot moar low.

I personally would leave the height where it is, get some wider wheels and a lot more tire and rock on. I don't imagine you having ANY problems scraping.
if logic were the name of the game, i would agree with you
Old 11-26-2009 | 09:54 PM
Tito
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

if logic were the name of the game none of us would be on vadriven.
Old 11-27-2009 | 04:46 AM
Uzi Crooklyn
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

Originally Posted by keefboz
I haven't tried to....

Coilovers are Bilstein PSS's, had good reviews and shit.
did you get PSS9's? or pss10's? big difference.

Originally Posted by Sage Auto
Do it where you see fit. The only thing is if you were to bring a car into a shop and all they did was put the car on the lowest setting and set you on your way it would not be done correctly.
thats if the shop has the ability to align or not.

Originally Posted by critt003
PSS's dont go low probably doesn't really have much more to go till they are all the way down hell they could already be all the way down.
this.

he wasen't slammed by any means.

Originally Posted by critt003
In the VW/Audi world the PSS's are known to not go low probably should have said that instead of sayin they all dont go low. I just know that 95 percent of people that put them on audi's or VW's dont get nearly as low as they thought they would with them. And slammed is relative i see people on here say oo my cars slammed and it really isnt that low not tryin to diss people or anything just in all honesty.
again. this. especially the bold

Originally Posted by Flinch

i mean, what else would you expect someone to do with a PIG of a TT, that handles less than par?
Old 11-27-2009 | 05:47 AM
keefboz
Audi Fan

keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz keefboz

PSS's didn't get the 9's, felt i didnt need the camber adjustment, and never even heard of 10's.

The handling isn't amazing, hopefully when i get some sway bars that will help it out a bit.
Old 11-27-2009 | 05:56 AM
Uzi Crooklyn
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

Originally Posted by keefboz
PSS's didn't get the 9's, felt i didnt need the camber adjustment, and never even heard of 10's.

The handling isn't amazing, hopefully when i get some sway bars that will help it out a bit.
the MKIV platform is real bad to try and get to handle as well as other cars. they just don't go low, and to be honest it dosen't look like you lowered it anymore.

there are springs and struts you can buy that actually don't lower the geometry any more, and it handles the best.

lowering the car even 1.5" makes it handle worse then stock btw.