Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone interested in volunteering at the SPCA?

Old 12-18-2009, 11:45 AM
93vxhybrid
vxhybrid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid 93vxhybrid
Default Re: Anyone interested in volunteering at the SPCA?

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Man – you’re so smart. Did you take an econ course and now you want to spout random tidbits of information that you picked up? Did you also know that full employment occurs at 5% unemployment? The U.S. needs to spend more on people? Lets see, adding SS, welfare, all the money we donate to other countries, I’d say its damn near a trillion if not over.

I’ve given money to dozens of homeless/bums. I’ve watched nearly every single one, go to the nearest 711, and use that money to buy booze. I’ve even had a bum ask me for money at a 711 for food. I told him, “I tell you what, I’ll shop for you for food, lets grab some stuff for you to eat.” He walked in, and finally said “Man, I actually really just want some beer.” You can’t help those that do not wish to help themselves.

I’m VOLUNTEERING at the SPCA to help the animals. I’ve also volunteered at the soup kitchen as well. Where have you volunteered? When I donate money to most homeless, they waste it. When I walk a dog that’s caged up all week, its nothing but excited and happy.

Oh, and its ‘welfare’.

I’m not spending a DIME on the animals, I am however, giving my time. How much of your time are you giving?
First off I have volunteered more hours that most. I continually volunteer, while most of my time volunteering is done after a natural disaster.

I have different perspective than you I guess... To me ANY person is worth more than ANY animal... People will always come first in my book... ALWAYS.... Yes, even the crack head that is doing nothing to help himself.

And yes I do realize that even in a perfect world you can not have a 0% unemployment rate, the US rate currently sits at 10% national wide. There is no way that you can say that all those people are doing nothing to try and better themselves... Yes, there are some that are a waste and dont deserve it but like I said before ANY person is worth more than ANY animal.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:34 PM
03dgcoupe
Registered Member

03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe

hey op can i get some info from you im interested and i can probably scrounge up some other navy ppl to help out. We leave in a few months but it wouldnt hurt to help out when we can. lmk
Old 12-19-2009, 08:56 PM
s2katin
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Damn, only if it was in Newport News area, and I'd definately do it, but that's a little to far of a drive for me right now.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:16 PM
MP5
Team Rad Racing

MP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these partsMP5 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by s2katin
Damn, only if it was in Newport News area, and I'd definately do it, but that's a little to far of a drive for me right now.
There is a SPCA on J Clyde by Riverside Hospital.

As for the homeless debate. My dad is a super for a construction company and one day after work he stopped by 7-11 and a homeless guy asked him for money. He said "I'll do you one better and give you a job." The homeless guy said. "No thats ok." and walked off. At the same 7-11 on a different day, hot summer day, a homeless guy asked him for money so he could buy a drink. My dad did not have cash so he went inside the 7-11 and bought the guy a gatorade. When he came back out and handed it to the homeless man, the homeless man walked to the corner and started asking people if they wanted to buy a gatorade.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:31 PM
03dgcoupe
Registered Member

03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe 03dgcoupe

one of my wifes friends actually bought a bum mc d's and the guy said....nah i dont feel like mc d's today i was like wow
Old 12-21-2009, 04:18 AM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by 03dgcoupe
hey op can i get some info from you im interested and i can probably scrounge up some other navy ppl to help out. We leave in a few months but it wouldnt hurt to help out when we can. lmk
What info do you want? Send a PM
Old 12-21-2009, 07:09 AM
LuvtheE36M3/4/5
Registered member

LuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these partsLuvtheE36M3/4/5 is infamous around these parts

I would be interested in volunteering. BTW there is an SPCA in Newport News that would be a good candidate for this program too.

And for the rest...Shame on You to even just slightly bash a charitable event.