Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Crashing on the highway....

Old 01-25-2010 | 12:29 PM
djgrom
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom
Default Re: Crashing on the highway....

what happened yesterday?
Old 01-25-2010 | 01:23 PM
SMOKEYBEAR
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by Quentin
Anyone ever did this or know of someone who has?

Its my biggest fear while riding. I know your greatest odds of crashing are at intersections but they dont bother me. I always think that wrecking on 95 would be the worst absolute thing you could ever do. You have high speeds, cars, jersey walls, guard rails, etc....

So has anyone ever done it? I once crashed coming off an highway exit ramp but I was only going like 15/20, wasn't that bad. And the last time I heard of someone crashing on the highway they were on the Beltway and they ended up in pieces
I could post some work pictures that would have you making a for sale thread with a quickness.
Old 01-25-2010 | 02:09 PM
j4k3
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
I could post some work pictures that would have you making a for sale thread with a quickness.
Do it.
Old 01-25-2010 | 02:21 PM
Quentin
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by djgrom
I am always afraid of my front tire blowing out.
I blew 3 last year............................in my car.
Couldnt imagine the front on the bike, had the back go once and that was a lil scary.

Doesn't bother me.........I've seen some pretty gruseum (sp) stuff....
Old 01-25-2010 | 02:50 PM
3xb18
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

doubt it.. This is the internet dude.. have u seen some of the things on here ?? I see the same pictures you do most of the time, most of the time I am reviewing police pics..Insurance claims
as far as thinking about wrecking . why think about it ? focus on how to ride defensive and not go down
Old 01-25-2010 | 03:02 PM
LeetPIE
Registered member

LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE

ive gotten hit on the main roads around my house doing about 50/55. Wearing jeans jacket and helmet. Torn jeans some scraps. nothing major. bike was almost totalled. but other then that... i was fine.
Old 01-25-2010 | 06:44 PM
FairladyZTT
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

i went down doing a wheelie at about 35-40. I got some rash on my butt from sliding in the same spot in my jeans and a little on my ankle because it hit the ground and I wasn't wearing my boots (I forgot them)

I watch KJ shoot across my mirrors and slam into the gaurd rail at 70mph and the bike flipped out into the interstate. I was there to see her take her last breath.

I was there with another friend of mine popped up at 60 and went down. a little rash on his wrists, his hip and his knees were messed up. But other than that... he popped up and started grabbing pieces of his bike.

The fact of the matter is how you wreck. If you go down and nothing is around.. chances are that you might be rashed up a bit but will probably survive. If your wearing proper gear.

Its not really the going down part that kills you. I dont think that I have ever heard of a guy dying when he hit the pavement unless it came off an overpass or something. It is usually the obsticles that kill you. The sudden stop at the end of a slide.

You have to take into consideration all the variables. Are you still attached to the bike? Did you high side or low side? Did you land on your back or your face? Did the bike hit you after you stopped? Did the bike pancake you between it and another object? Open road with soft shoulders or jersey walls and guard rails? A lot of traffic or empty streets? Did the person flail about and slam their limbs into the ground and break them or stay tight and roll?

All these things make huge differences in the outcome of the accident. Just ride defensive and dont put yourself in a position to increase the damage of the outcome, if on the off chance that you do actually wreck. I drive like anything could happen. So I try to put myself in position in the road or surrounding traffic that would cause me the least amount of damage.

EI... if the right lane is stopped, and I am in the left passing everybody. I will move to the far left of the left lane so that if a car does pull out or something happens. I have a smaller chance of hitting the car pulling out or any of the other cars.

I stay on the inside of corners so that if my wheel does kick out or i hit something.. I have as much room to slow down before i hit the wall or go off the road.
Old 01-26-2010 | 03:45 AM
Quentin
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

^nice post.
Old 01-26-2010 | 04:39 AM
kick rox
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

Originally Posted by djgrom
what happened yesterday?
tank slap, rear end started to want to kick out, thought I was going to highside. -- then last night, j4k3 threw me under the bus (jk) and I hit some gravel in a turn... two times in two days, I'm a little sketched out -- The tank slap was my fault; I had what was coming to me, the gravel.. well that was my fault to, but could of happened to any one. - Made it out of both, and am a lot more concious now.