Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Question for 4th Gen Camaro guys...

Old 01-21-2004 | 08:38 AM
Keiichi
Licensed to Kill

Keiichi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question for 4th Gen Camaro guys...

does anyone have the SLP cold air intake? i was just wondering if it was worth it, because afterthoughtsauto.com has a package deal that includes the SLP air lid, smooth bellows, and all. you save money over buying it all individually, but i'll save even more if i don't even bother getting the CAI. so, who has it, who's heard about it?
Old 02-04-2004 | 04:57 PM
Raven02TA
Registered Member

Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA
Default Re: Question for 4th Gen Camaro guys...

Originally Posted by Keiichi
does anyone have the SLP cold air intake? i was just wondering if it was worth it, because afterthoughtsauto.com has a package deal that includes the SLP air lid, smooth bellows, and all. you save money over buying it all individually, but i'll save even more if i don't even bother getting the CAI. so, who has it, who's heard about it?
if the package is less than 200 bux yes its worth it if not dont worry about it....you wont need the bellows really, it will set off an SES light if you dont have an upgraded MAF....and i dont recommend upgrading the MAF (mass airflow sensor) reason being.....you're current MAF is flowing a certain amount of CFM.....your throttle body flows the same.... you are only going to fit so much air into a 75mm throttle body...buying a MAF is a waste of money and its gonna bring your gas mileage down....but the bellows is not worth it....the only reason i have it is because i use it for my nitrous nozzle.
Old 02-04-2004 | 05:15 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I have never seen a F-body with out a SLP or some other competitors lid. My buddy with an '02 SS put a SLP lid on his car and he said he could tell a difference. I think SLP says its good for 20 RWHP, I don't think thats entirely true though.
Old 02-04-2004 | 06:22 PM
Keiichi
Licensed to Kill

The package is $450 and includes SLP High Flow Mass Air Flow Sensor,
SLP Air Box Lid, SLP Cold Air Induction Kit, SLP High Flow Bellows Kit and K&N O.E. replacement high flow air filter. all told you have like $40 by getting the package instead of separate, but if i'm only getting the lid and filter, i'll save even more. do you have the CAI kit? i heard it's good, but then a lot of guys just do the air box mod which is free.

i'm definitely getting the air box lid and K&N filter. i had them on my old V6 and there was a noticeable difference. not so much in horsepower, but my gas mileage improved and the exhaust sounded "throatier". so i know i'm getting those, just looking for what else to get.
Old 02-05-2004 | 01:40 PM
Raven02TA
Registered Member

Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA Raven02TA

The only thing that is worth it is the airbox lid and the K&N filter..... you get a better deal through MTI lids or Texas speed they flow better.... try LS1Speed.com and check out their deals.....if you ever want to check out my set up just shoot me a PM and ill give you my number..... we can get together with the rest of the group over here. and you can decide for yourself from the different types that are offered.
Old 02-05-2004 | 04:30 PM
H8mportzNmySS

H8mportzNmySS is an unknown quantity at this point

Save some $ and just do the free ram air mod. If you want to know how just PM me.
Old 02-05-2004 | 07:23 PM
Keiichi
Licensed to Kill

i was considering the free ram air mod. but i also want a new lid anyway. i'm not too fond of the MTI clear ones, but i guess i could paint it.
Old 02-07-2004 | 04:02 AM
Raven02TA
Registered Member

MTI makes a carbon fiber one which is the one i have
Old 02-07-2004 | 12:18 PM
GMRULZ
The One Man Team

GMRULZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Raven02TA
The only thing that is worth it is the airbox lid and the K&N filter..... you get a better deal through MTI lids or Texas speed they flow better.... try LS1Speed.com and check out their deals.....if you ever want to check out my set up just shoot me a PM and ill give you my number..... we can get together with the rest of the group over here. and you can decide for yourself from the different types that are offered.
Exactly what he said. Lids are great, plus you should get a K&N or similar filter. If you have to have a smooth bellows you can get a fernco bellows from home depot thats 4 bucks. Its actually a 3inch inlet outlet rubber connector thats 4 inches long in the plumbing section even comes w\ clamps. Worked great on my car and is smooth. SLP bellows 49.99- home depot fernco 4.00= crapload saved. MAF is a waste.