Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

a couple of noob questions

Old 03-19-2010 | 03:52 AM
ufctapout
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: a couple of noob questions

Originally Posted by Zero!
i started out on a 600 too. most everyone i knew outgrew their 250 in a matter of months. the resale on them is usually pretty good though. get a 250 for a few grand.. thrash it if youre gonna.. and sell it and get a more capable bike once youre a more capable rider.
it doesnt matter what bike youre on though. ive got scars from a fiddy. if you dont respect the bike.. youll end up meeting the pavement.
i completely agree with whats been said about the msf course. great for basics (anyone around here taken the advanced course?) but its nothing like riding at speed in traffic. ive heard motorcycle pilots being likened to military jet pilots in their decisions per minute or something like that. its no joke.. so whatever you get.. ride safe and always wear your gear.

and jesus can someone point me in the direction of something other than straight roads and highway??
Pungo.
Old 03-19-2010 | 04:48 AM
kick rox
vangorder

kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox kick rox

i started out on a 600 too. most everyone i knew outgrew their 250 in a matter of months. the resale on them is usually pretty good though. get a 250 for a few grand.. thrash it if youre gonna.. and sell it and get a more capable bike once youre a more capable rider.
it doesnt matter what bike youre on though. ive got scars from a fiddy. if you dont respect the bike.. youll end up meeting the pavement.
i completely agree with whats been said about the msf course. great for basics (anyone around here taken the advanced course?) but its nothing like riding at speed in traffic. ive heard motorcycle pilots being likened to military jet pilots in their decisions per minute or something like that. its no joke.. so whatever you get.. ride safe and always wear your gear.

and jesus can someone point me in the direction of something other than straight roads and highway??
Originally Posted by ufctapout
Pungo.
I'd wait a few weeks.. till a good rain hits.. Still pretty sandy.
Old 03-19-2010 | 05:12 AM
HP2MPG
Registered Member

HP2MPG has disabled reputation

I took my class at Harley in Portsmouth and it was a pretty good class. I think only one person failed, and that's because she was like 50 and was extremely scared of even sitting on the bike. I knew how to ride before i took the class but even if you don't you shouldn't have a problem.
I started on a katana 600, not the sportiest bike ever but still very fun for a starter.
Hope this helps
Good Luck
Old 03-22-2010 | 06:37 PM
jmcdowell
Registered Member

jmcdowell has disabled reputation

get a 600 man, i got an r6 at the age of 17 and it did me just fine still havent layed it down in 2 years and u could say i ride hard at times, i outgrew the 250 they made me ride in my safety class before i even hopped on it haha, just remember to be smart and know your limits start out slow build urself up and ride safe man
Old 03-22-2010 | 06:39 PM
jmcdowell
Registered Member

jmcdowell has disabled reputation

skyline drive?