Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

expired inspection?

Old 05-19-2010, 07:39 AM
ShadowStyle2DX
Brofecta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX ShadowStyle2DX
Default Re: expired inspection?

in Newport News you don't need anything on it (plates, insurance, inspection) if it is in your driveway. Driveway is not a public road according to the city. Car in your driveway is just a piece of personal property at that point.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by crxmadness
Im assuming if the inspection is expired then it is inoperable, so your previous statement would be wrong.
Your assumption is wrong, not my statement. The sticker for inspection is a safety inspection only.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:08 AM
I<3Strippers!
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
Your assumption is wrong, not my statement. The sticker for inspection is a safety inspection only.
correct, but technically, you have to leave the cars place visable, if it can be seen from public streets, it has to have a current sticker on the plate. ive been through this before.

on the rear seat question, if the seats on there, then they cant be checked. your only required to have a drivers seat in the car.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Inspection stickers do not go on the license plate. Please read post #1.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:29 PM
crxmadness
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Im am still confused, Why did I recieve a tow sticker? Recap:

If it's parked in your house's driveway with valid registration and taxes paid on it, you're fine with an expired inspection. No need to cover it.
When I lived in chesapeake a cop put a tow sticker on my car that was parked in the driveway and wrote "invalid inspection" on it even though all of my taxes were paid, it had a valid registration and it was insured. I left a message with the cop twice a week for a month and he never called me back so I just removed the sticker and covered it. Im pretty sure he was having a shitty day and most donut eating cops take there frustration out on citzens for stupid shit that isnt hurting anybody. Im still pissed about this cause my next door neighbor had a truck with expired tags and expired inspection that had been sitting there for over a year and he did not get shit.
Inoperable vehicles need to be covered or kept out of view per city ordinances, does not apply to registration.
Im assuming if the inspection is expired then it is inoperable, so your previous statement would be wrong. My car was freshly painted, had all the body panels, glass, and lights attached and working. The motor ran just fine. The only things missing were the dashboard and passenger seat. Does removing the dashboard and passenger seat make my car "inoperable"
Old 05-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

If the car was parked in the driveway, take a picture of it and bring that with you to the police station along with your ticket an copy of registration. They should drop the ticket right then and there. You can be ticketed only for safety inspection only if the car is on the public roads. An "inoperable" vehicle may violates HOA rules or city/county ordinances, but from your description, this is not the case.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:31 AM
crxmadness
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

If the car was parked in the driveway, take a picture of it and bring that with you to the police station along with your ticket an copy of registration. They should drop the ticket right then and there. You can be ticketed only for safety inspection only if the car is on the public roads. An "inoperable" vehicle may violates HOA rules or city/county ordinances, but from your description, this is not the case.
Thanks