Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DPFI to MPFI

Old 06-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Laserjock
Stiff Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock
Default Re: DPFI to MPFI

Originally Posted by J.D.M EF9
alright i checked the fuses and the ecu fuse wasnt in all the way so now the ecu blinks and the main relay comes on but its still not wanting to start
Now we are cooking with gas? Is the motor turning over and cranks?

Check for fuel at the FPR. You can unplug the return line from the FPR to the hardline and place a rag to catch the gas. Turn the
key to the 1st position ONLY
and see if there is fuel there.

If you have that, do what dis boi above posted and check for spark. Crank the motor a few revs and pull the plugs, smell for fuel there and check each cylinder for spark.

Post back with your results and don't just say, the car is doing the same thing - be descriptive.

Also check your firing order

Old 06-22-2010, 07:30 PM
J.D.M EF9
Registered member

J.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Laserjock
Now we are cooking with gas? Is the motor turning over and cranks?

Check for fuel at the FPR. You can unplug the return line from the FPR to the hardline and place a rag to catch the gas. Turn the
key to the 1st position ONLY
and see if there is fuel there.

If you have that, do what dis boi above posted and check for spark. Crank the motor a few revs and pull the plugs, smell for fuel there and check each cylinder for spark.

Post back with your results and don't just say, the car is doing the same thing - be descriptive.

Also check your firing order

alright i took the line off the fpr and there is a VERY small amount of gas in it like just enough to get it wet. i also checked for spark and im not getting spark. the firing order is right i know just checked it.

also i checked the ecu codes and when i turn the key it blinks 6 times 10 times 13 times and 20 times? what does that mean?
Old 06-23-2010, 06:22 AM
Laserjock
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

Originally Posted by J.D.M EF9
alright i took the line off the fpr and there is a VERY small amount of gas in it like just enough to get it wet. i also checked for spark and im not getting spark. the firing order is right i know just checked it.

also i checked the ecu codes and when i turn the key it blinks 6 times 10 times 13 times and 20 times? what does that mean?
I have just finished a no start diagnostic on a D16A6. With the fuel check, I was getting about 4 TABLEspoons of fuel after the FPR with good battery voltage. Might have to repeat several times to allow good flow.

Post the code on the distr.

Is the timing belt turning the cam

Could be the coil / ignitor. I'll post later how to check.

A giggle image or word search would have answered some of your q's.

http://hondaswap.com/attachments/387...1-91-11-26.jpg

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1710584